Notices

Rev die back issue when changing gear.

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2012, 04:43 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev die back issue when changing gear.

Hi to all, I posted this problem over on the Type RA forum on Sunday but so far I've had no replys so I thought I'd stick it up on here in the hope someone my be able to point us in the right direction

My old man owns a bug eye Type RA Spec C, he impoted it a good few years ago but is only now just getting around to putting it on the road but it suffers from two small problems first of which is.

The car seems to excelerate very slowly until the turbo boosts, it's more like a delay, its not the usual turbo lag you get but from the point the turbo boosts then the power is what I would expect from an RA so no issues from there on.

The other issue is when you change gear the revs only return and stay at3000rpm, if the clutch is left in for a couple of secs it then returns to tickover, although this is fine when the car is revved when standing it returns to tickover as you would expect. He's checked the exelerater cable and thats fine and he's cleaned the idle control valve as well. I drove the car car up the road when when we brought it back from the docks and this problem exisisted then so do any of you guys have any idea what to check/change??

Thanks in advance
Jay