Notices

565cc injector question

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2012, 06:03 PM
sam_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 565cc injector question

hi all, i have a 2003 blobeye wrx and it has the standard 440cc injectors, i have just bought some 565cc injectors and just wanted to know if i could fit them without a remap or will it just overfuel?
Old 21 January 2012, 06:24 PM
Matt2732
Scooby Regular

Its going to need a map, as you say will run rich. Are you changing the turbo? Not really much point fitting them unless you are, TD04 maxes out before your injectors.

Apologies if it seems I teaching one to suck eggs!
Old 22 January 2012, 09:18 AM
sam_e34
Scooby Newbie

yeah definatly gonna change the turbo just dont know which to go for yet, i would like to aim for around 420bhp so something thats going to stand up to that, but also want something that spools up nice and quick. do you know any one that does cheap remaps?, as most places want about £600 which is alot to spend every time you change something or the other option is to save all my bits and do it all in one go, but thats not as fun
Old 22 January 2012, 09:42 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_e34
yeah definatly gonna change the turbo just dont know which to go for yet, i would like to aim for around 420bhp so something thats going to stand up to that, but also want something that spools up nice and quick. do you know any one that does cheap remaps?, as most places want about £600 which is alot to spend every time you change something or the other option is to save all my bits and do it all in one go, but thats not as fun
Well the STI pink injectors are a good upgrade from your 380cc injectors, but your power level that you want is totally unrealistic as your engine wont be capable of that safely (it will go pop) so if you are having issues with a 600 quid remap, the shock of how much it will cost to get your car up to safe/reliable levels will really scare you

What is your budget (also taking into account your insurance increase for the remap and modifications you will need to do on your car), then we will point you in the right direction, though on a wrx it wont be cheap after a certain point (and im talking 1000's here).

Tony
Old 22 January 2012, 09:57 AM
sam_wrx
Scooby Regular

well id be quite upset if it went pop, after putting wossner forged pistons, manley steel roads, arp head bollts, EJ257 Nitrided crank, cosmetic head gasket and a few other bits, i dont think that 420bhp is unreasonable do you?
Old 22 January 2012, 10:56 AM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_wrx
well id be quite upset if it went pop, after putting wossner forged pistons, manley steel roads, arp head bollts, EJ257 Nitrided crank, cosmetic head gasket and a few other bits, i dont think that 420bhp is unreasonable do you?
personally and having done it with my wrx, I would sell my wrx as near standard and source a good blobeye sti. The route you envisage is a real money pit because for a reliable 420hp you have to replace just about everything in the engine/drivetrain/suspension.
Much better to have a realistic 340/350hp objective for your present car.
Trev

Last edited by trevsjwood; 22 January 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 22 January 2012, 11:02 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I love the reply, you come accross quite smug, yet Tony was only trying to advice you, especially as you hadnt explained the "upgrades" before hand.

So is it worth pointing out that your 5 Speed is unlikey to last very long at that power lever, or are you know going to tell me you have a 6 Speed or PPG

Rob

ps - If you had all that work done, why wasnt the injectors changed at that point along with anything else that will fails if its OEM, such as the clutch?
Old 22 January 2012, 02:29 PM
sam_wrx
Scooby Regular

Yeah I already have the 6 speed conversion and the suspension is tein super street adjustable coilovers, all the work I have carried out myself as I am a mechanic, all I wanted to know was if 565cc injectors would over fuel as I thought, as in my skyline when I changed the injectors it ran fine
Old 22 January 2012, 02:58 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah I already have the 6 speed conversion and the suspension is tein super street adjustable coilovers, all the work I have carried out myself as I am a mechanic, all I wanted to know was if 565cc injectors would over fuel as I thought, as in my skyline when I changed the injectors it ran fine
You will be fine pottering off boost, until remap
Old 22 January 2012, 06:20 PM
Matt2732
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sam_e34
Some guys map using 'open source' instead of ecutek software, normally works out bit cheaper. I think most charge about £300-400. If you get it mapped and change something provided you back to the same mapper they will usually do a tweak to the map for less provided not too much has changed. Try doing a search on here for open source mappers, probably throw up a few names for you too consider.

Turbo wise have you looked at scoobyclinic's billet range? Not cheap but would give you the figures your after with good spool.
Old 22 January 2012, 08:02 PM
sam_wrx
Scooby Regular

oh cheers nice one, duncan @ race dynamics does it for £350
Old 22 January 2012, 08:25 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell. it would of been nice if you gave us the spec first. from your first post we can only assume you have a standard wrx.

As for the question. 565's arnt big enough for your aimed power so pointless upgrade. go to 650's or bigger even.
Old 23 January 2012, 08:43 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed turbotits - needs 650s

It will drive fine on the 565 (or 550cc) as it adjusts the closed loop fueling to compensate for the size increase assuming your lambda sensor is working fine.

Lots of mods needed to get a wrx to that level but it can be done if you are determined.

Sam - gimme a shout when you are ready. The initial £350 remap charge is for the first full remap, tweaks beyond that are generally around £100-£150 depending on what has been changed and how far I have had to travel etc
Old 24 January 2012, 01:28 PM
MarkC
Scooby Regular

Last edited by MarkC; 24 January 2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Question i asked already answered
Old 24 January 2012, 02:36 PM
sam_wrx
Scooby Regular

cheers for the advice guys, will definalty take it on board,
and Duncan il talk to you soon