Notices

My99 uk turbo wagon, lack of power!

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2011, 06:11 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My99 uk turbo wagon, lack of power!

Hi guys, a friend of mine has just bought a v plate my99 uk turbo classic wagon. Now having had an x reg uk turbo saloon, I am sure he has an issue with the car. Basically the only mods on it are a performance back box, baileys vta dv and a k&n induction kit.
Basically having now gone to a front entry td05 and simtek ecu I know how a td04 should feel on a standard map. His car doesn't seem to have any kick or surge when boost comes on. Rather a gradual build up of power. As I say I know from experience that my td04 used to give a good hard kick then run out of puff early.
Old 06 November 2011, 06:13 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone got any ideas to what the issue could be? I've said he should change the induction kit for a panel filter on a green stripe maf and try a recirc valve or a decent vta dv like my hks ssqv.
Old 06 November 2011, 07:03 PM
streetshinedetail
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Bailey VTA gave me quite a few issues, make sure it isn't sticking and has a smooth "action" so to speak. Easy to take apart and give a lube up with some silicone. Dont use normal grease, it stinks like no tomorrow! Although there's been no proof that VTA's cause engine failure, you do get quite a few running issues, or at least I did. Bailey dump valves just dont seem to get on well with subaru's.

Going back to a recirculating valve would be the first place I would start, I know this isn't that much help but maybe it will do the trick!