Apexi Power FC Boost Problem

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2011, 10:24 AM
Fragmau5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Power FC Boost Problem

Morning guys,

I just had my car mapped by Bob Rawle at Harvey Smith's this weekend, and I am very happy with the way the car is driving now, would recommend Bob Rawle to anyone looking for a remap, and Harvey is a very friendly and knowledgeable guy

My question though, is that I am having a little bit of trouble with my boost level, and the control of the Power FC.

My car to start with is a '98 STi, and is running an RCM400 turbo, with supporting mods inc. 750cc injectors & RCM Fuel Pump.

Anyway, my car was mapped at 1.5 bar, but only seems to be boosting to a max of 1.3 bar now that I have taken the car away.

I was curious as to why this was the case, and have tried to change my boost to a lower 0.8 bar via the commander, and this seemed un-effective and the car still carried on boosting to ~1.25-1.3 bar (at WOT in 4th for testing boost peak).

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this would be the case, and any advice on the matter? Also curious as to why changing the boost setting via the commander seems to do nothing, despite seeing Bob successfully change the boost levels on the car (albeit, not via the commander, but via his laptop whilst tuning).

Cheers in advance guys,

David