Notices

Afterburner vortex?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2011, 09:11 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Afterburner vortex?

Thinking of getting an afterburner vortex for my scoob but want to know if there would be much difference sound wise between the 2.5" and 3" version as I already have a 3" turbo back system and having recently had it mapped I don't want to have to fork out for a map tweak!
Old 02 October 2011, 09:15 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

The afterburner vortex is 2.5 inch only.
The afterburner vortex R comes in 3 inch but is more expensive when buying new and i have never seen one going second hand.
Old 02 October 2011, 09:38 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tazz
The afterburner vortex is 2.5 inch only.
The afterburner vortex R comes in 3 inch but is more expensive when buying new and i have never seen one going second hand.
God damn it, I just wanted something a bit less bassy than my current zorst, but wanna keep the volume. Like the sound of the vortex's I've heard on youtube. Anything in 3" sound similar to one of these anyone know?
Old 02 October 2011, 11:19 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

If you go vortex you will defo keep the sound. I used to have a fully decated 2.5 system and it was stupidly loud.
Old 03 October 2011, 06:38 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GezP
If you go vortex you will defo keep the sound. I used to have a fully decated 2.5 system and it was stupidly loud.
Vortex not stupidly loud imho, and i have had 3 in the last 2 years - all fully decatted. The Blitz nur spec r is stupidly loud ,the vortex is for somone who wants a loud exhaust,but not ott.
I have just swapped a vortex full system this morning with 555 danny.My mate wanted a jap spec all in one system instead of the vortex ,and when i fitted it to his car it was louder than his vortex ,but not as loud as the blitz which i took off 6 months ago.
Old 03 October 2011, 06:45 PM
GezP
Scooby Regular

Agreed the NurSpec is very loud. My Afterburner system reached 105db on the reader which is stupidly loud.

I'm not saying its bad stupidly loud, personally I loved it and really miss the sound. I had to change due to track restrictions and neighbors.
Old 03 October 2011, 06:49 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigfarlz
Thinking of getting an afterburner vortex for my scoob but want to know if there would be much difference sound wise between the 2.5" and 3" version as I already have a 3" turbo back system and having recently had it mapped I don't want to have to fork out for a map tweak!
It might be worth having a chat with your mapper ,as i did 4 weeks ago when i was offered a 3' miltek system for real good money. I was going to have it ,but after speaking to my mapper he said that the vortex is one of the best flowing exhaust you can get ,and switching from 2.5' to a 3' might not actually see any gains.
A good 2.5' system can be better than a 3' system depending on your power level.

http://andyforrestperformance.co.uk/16334.html

Trending Topics

Old 03 October 2011, 06:55 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GezP
Agreed the NurSpec is very loud. My Afterburner system reached 105db on the reader which is stupidly loud.

I'm not saying its bad stupidly loud, personally I loved it and really miss the sound. I had to change due to track restrictions and neighbors.
I know what you mean ,I have an old folks home opposite me ,and have only had 1 complaint in 2.5 yrs - which was when my mate called round one evening with his nur spec r bellowing and rattling there window frames . An 85 yr old lady knocked my door the next morning saying she was part deaf and could not hear her telly due to the noise of my mates car.
Old 03 October 2011, 07:03 PM
Micheru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
I know what you mean ,I have an old folks home opposite me ,and have only had 1 complaint in 2.5 yrs - which was when my mate called round one evening with his nur spec r bellowing and rattling there window frames . An 85 yr old lady knocked my door the next morning saying she was part deaf and could not hear her telly due to the noise of my mates car.