Notices

Scorpion newage decat mid pipe ??

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2011, 12:38 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scorpion newage decat mid pipe ??

Guys anyone here run one off these ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMPREZA-WR...d=262672962690

having trouble finding a suitable flat gasket for it, unfortunatly the subaru 2.5" gasket I have here does not fit ie. too small for the bolts to line u with :

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/IMGP0707.jpg

Any advice would be great as looking to get the pipe fitted asap.

thanks guys.

john
Old 06 September 2011, 01:21 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

If the gasket fits your current system and the holes don't line up then that would suggest the new pipe won't fit? I think the end of the pipe you have photographed is the end that connects to the downpipe - the gasket for that is different to the other gaskets towards the back of the system, you can get them from jap parts etc... Scorpion where the manufacturer of the prodrive exhaust parts so it should be a perfect fit.

Ayde.
Old 06 September 2011, 02:24 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate now totally confused !!

okay the other end off the Scorpion decat pipe looks like this and this is the other gasket that I have and was bought from the place you mention- jap parts.

going to show my ingnorance on the subject - again !! I take it the way I have the gaskets shown in the pictures are infact the right way around ie. the flat gasket goes to the flat end off the decat pipe and the cone goes to the end where the pipe protrudes past the flange itself ??

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...8/IMGP0709.jpg

have found a supplier on ebay who sell the same type off gasket with the inner metal heat ring and that has a spacing off between 84-110mm for the bolts, measuring the pipe 110mm would be fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-63mm-E...item20b402bfe1

Last edited by jono300; 06 September 2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06 September 2011, 08:38 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

That is strange.......

I swapped my 2nd cat for a prodrive pipe and it fitted perfectly including the new gaskets. Maybe worth a call to jap parts to see if they could measure a gasket off the shelf to make sure they've sent you the correct one?
Old 06 September 2011, 08:55 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks yep have sent them an email and will let you know what they say,
Old 06 September 2011, 10:10 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Just a thought. Have you still got your old gaskets? Try and line them up against the new one to see if it's the new gasket that's out of shape of the pipe holes?
Old 07 September 2011, 12:28 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

The doughnut gasket goes on the end pictured - this connects to your centre section. You need this gasket
http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/part...en=&searchKey=
to fit between your new section and the downpipe. The gasket you have pictured looks like a centre section to backbox gasket.
If you look at the picture of the gasket in the link you can see it's more elongated

Ayde.
Old 07 September 2011, 12:46 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay Ayde just a quick reply as just heading off to bed !! but thanks so much for the info thats great will drop them another email and hopefully just be able to do an exchange.

again appreciatte the advice guys thanks again.
Old 09 September 2011, 02:02 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ayde
The doughnut gasket goes on the end pictured - this connects to your centre section. You need this gasket
http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/part...en=&searchKey=
to fit between your new section and the downpipe. The gasket you have pictured looks like a centre section to backbox gasket.
If you look at the picture of the gasket in the link you can see it's more elongated

Ayde.

Okay nope not that one neither !!! the pipe is deffinate round as opposed to the oval shape off the gasket in your link.

found this one on ebay :

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11050...AQ%3AGB%3A1123

now as far as I can see the bolt distance apart is fine, the measurment on the 2.5" pipe I have here is around 114mm across the bolt hole centres.

cant find a genuine subaru flat gasket that fits the scorpion pipe so does the above gasket look okay ?? mild steel okay ??

any advice would be great guys as beginning to get a bit £$"^&£& off by it all !!!!
Old 12 September 2011, 12:41 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

I think you will find the link to the gasket I posted is right, take a look at the diagram in this link:
https://www.scoobynet.com/showthread...xhaust+diagram

The gasket you are after is the one that sits between the downpipe and the cat?
The scorpion pipe you have bought is the same as the prodrive one - bracket for refitting the standard cat pipe heat shield to the decat pipe and the deepened sensor boss which acts as a mechanical celfix to stop the ecu throwing a cel light when the pipe is fitted in conjunction with the prodrive sports cat on the STI models.
The gasket I linked to is the one I fitted to my car as my old one was leaking, iirc the downpipe has that slight ovalised shape leading into the round decat section.
Easiest way of checking is to get under the car and split the pipe - only a 15 minute job

Ayde.
Old 12 September 2011, 12:59 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate appreciatte your continued help !!

okay can I just clarify the downpipe to decat uses the flat gasket and the decat to resonated pipe uses the cone gasket yep ??

okay if this is the case then I have the very gasket here that you said I required and as you originally said that particular gasket is not round in shape its oval, the decat is round both ends you still saying its the correct gasket and that because the downpipe is slightly ovalised in shape it will require this particular shape off gasket even thou the pipe its joing onto is round in shape - yep ??!!

if this is the case can I just say sorry for that mate just could not work how how I would need an oval gasket for a round pipe ??!!

but first off all please clarify that indeed the downpipe to decat does indeed use the flat gasket as opposed to the cone gasket ??
Old 12 September 2011, 10:14 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Yes mate it uses the flat gasket. As I say I recently had to replace a leaking one on mine and the gasket in the link is the one I used. I think you will find when you position the gasket you have onto your new decat pipe it should not obstruct the bore of the pipe in any way. I had the standard downpipe with the same decat centre section as you have - I fitted the prodrive sports cat downpipe.

Cheers,

Ayde.
Old 12 September 2011, 10:17 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Excellent mate again can only say sorry as you did originally say that it would fit but ah well at least I know that I have the correct decat for the car and the correct gasket for the join !!

again youve been great help mate and again really do appreciatte that- thanks.

john