Notices

Overboost/fuel cut (after fill up) help!

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2011, 09:12 PM
timrud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Overboost/fuel cut (after fill up) help!

To keep this as short as possible, I have a 98 terzo running equal length headers, downpipe, full blitz exhaust induction kit, vf28, yellow 440's walbro fuel pump, front mount cooler and an Apexi ecu. It Has been mapped since feb and is run everyday and I haven't had one problem until now.
Having to go on an unplanned short journey the other day I put 20quids of total 97 and didn't really drive over 4krpm. Once getting back into townthe next day I filled right up with vpower and ever since I have this random overboost fuel cut crap problem, face to face with the windscreen kinda thing! Happens in everygear bar 1st, and happens instantly when full throttle is pressed (with revs over 3k)

In the past month I have had a cambelt change done and a rear strut, that's it. Plugs n fuel filter are due in next 5 k

now I've read nearly everypost online n not been able to find one that properly relates to my problem. I have checked intercooler pipes (as they were taken off for cambelt) n they seem fine, checked pipes from turbo, boost solinoid, cleaned em out u name it..
Any help from someone would be much appriciated. Just seems too much of a coincidence with the tank of fuel.

Btw i can get to a higher boost level if I feed it in, but that's smoothng it in in a manner which by the time u are boosting, it's time to brake. Not really much good.

Cheers

Last edited by timrud; 03 June 2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Useless phone spelling
Old 03 June 2011, 10:47 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Could have been a ***** up when tank at garage was filled so may not have been what you thought. I had it happen a few years ago filled up a usual petrol station on the A74(M) got to TEG Sport for a rolling road run and det all over the place. Put a bottle of octane booster in and it became better. So try a bottle of octane booster to see if that helps otherwise it is a slow drive to almost empty the tank then refil. Hope this helps.
Old 03 June 2011, 10:54 PM
steviefastbikes
Scooby Regular

Have you checked the tank vent could be causing fuel starvation