Hawkeye STI Type UK PPP and custom remap - rolling road result

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2011, 07:27 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye STI Type UK PPP and custom remap - rolling road result

Hi

My car is a hawkeye STI Type UK which is fairly standard other than the PPP, straight through H&S centre exhaust section and custom remap by Race Dynamix. Today I visited Surrey Rolling Road with a friend who runs an R33 Skyline, where we had our cars dynoed. Mine made 326 bhp and 351 lbs/ft, so am very pleased, as ~330 was pretty much what I was expecting, and my torque is very healthy which is good, and all running safely. All thanks to Race Dynamix

My next and probably final performance mod is to get a sports cat or decat plus further remap, to hopefully acheive the benchmark 350bhp/380lbs/ft, which I've been told is realistic. I may also add an ARB and lowering springs to reduce the "bouncy" feeling the stock suspension gives.

Was amazing value at just £40 per session - which they offer every Saturday. Met some friendly bmw crowd from one of their forums, who had met for a rolling road day. Some nice e92 M3's and 335's, and odd Z4m. Altogether a good morning

I also randomly passed two evos, and a nice looking blue blob eye on the way back down m23, all at the same time, who appeared not to be together but coincidentally driving down the same stretch of motorway.

Last edited by matth76; 07 May 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07 May 2011, 08:57 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good result there Matt

Lots more to come when the std exhaust is changed and freed up a little
Old 07 May 2011, 10:05 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, all down to your remap . I just need to decide whether to go full decat downpipe or much pricier sports cat downpipe. My prodrive pack has apparently removed the 2nd rear cat and replaced it with a resonator section in the hawkeye sti models (not sure how accurate this info is though - can anyone confirm this?). But if this i the case then all I need to replace is the downpipe.
Old 07 May 2011, 10:12 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I believe you can fit a used 2.0 sportcat if you also use the second cat bypass pipe from the same year as the combined length of the two pipes is the same. I just wish I could have used my prodrive cat on my car but being twin scroll the bellmouth is totally different.
Old 07 May 2011, 10:24 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 2007wrx running 355bhp

i bought the sportscat from 2fast2cool on ebay who buy all there stuff from japspeed,

when it went for its mot it just passed and its heatwrapped,
so u would prob be better goin for a full decat mate
Old 07 May 2011, 10:28 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tomwrx
i have a 2007wrx running 355bhp

i bought the sportscat from 2fast2cool on ebay who buy all there stuff from japspeed,

when it went for its mot it just passed and its heatwrapped,
so u would prob be better goin for a full decat mate
Thanks. Do you think it only just passed then, ie right on the limit, with your sports cat? I don't want to buy one and then find it fails MOT, although I've not heard of one failing an MOT yet. Nice power figure by the way. What other mods do you have?
Old 07 May 2011, 10:41 PM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

keep the old cat and switch it back in come mot time, then you can benefit from the decat all the rest of the year
Old 07 May 2011, 10:44 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matth76
Thanks. Do you think it only just passed then, ie right on the limit, with your sports cat? I don't want to buy one and then find it fails MOT, although I've not heard of one failing an MOT yet. Nice power figure by the way. What other mods do you have?
Mine always flys through

PPP second pipe is a decat replacement straight through no resonator btw
Old 09 May 2011, 07:21 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

If I get a decat downpipe (which is most likely) will I need a "cel fix" or will the remap be able to deal with this? I assume between getting the decat fitted and having remap the CEL engine light will be on but I can drive with it on and ideally only drive up to 2000 rpm? When I do get this all done I'd arrange it so remap was same day soon after the decat. Thanks again for all the replies.
Old 09 May 2011, 07:50 PM
Dougmy06wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Good results for you there! Always smiling when Duncan done his magic with my car aswel.

The cel light didn't come on on my 2006 wrx when I decatted it! Just don't flier it until it has been mapped for the decat!

Doug
Old 09 May 2011, 08:32 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Once u fit the decat pipe the remap will clear the CEL light.
Old 09 May 2011, 08:46 PM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dougmy06wrx
Hi,

Good results for you there! Always smiling when Duncan done his magic with my car aswel.

The cel light didn't come on on my 2006 wrx when I decatted it! Just don't flier it until it has been mapped for the decat!

Doug
i had full decat fitted last friday on hawk sti and cel light didnt come on either, but deff take care driving until its been mapped