Notices

impreza buying

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2011, 10:53 PM
switch625
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza buying

only my second post on here, and thanks to your help I have sorted my tracker issues and insurance costs out. I am at the point of buying a 2002 Impreza WRX, all standard, no mods and not sure about checks on the car.

I have done the HPI checks, all clear but I am not particularly good with mechanics. I have got doubts about plunging into getting this car without fully getting the mechanical side etc checked and aside from checking receipts for the timing belt and transmission fluid changes/services I am stuffed.

I have checked vehicle inspection companies etc but as soon as you mention 4x4 or Subaru the price goes mental. The car I am looking to buy is based in Sheffield and the guy I have spoken to on the phone I am sure is a genuine bloke but is there anyone that you guys know that is based in that area that would do a full once over for a reasonable price?

I have read the cars a pretty much the most reliable thing you can get thats not german! and servicing and parts are pretty much what I have been paying on my VW but not sure who to call to get the mechanical side checked over with....

Fuel costs and insurance costs I can understand but if part of its going to fail pretty soon I would like to know before its too late..

Cheers

Simon
Old 22 March 2011, 10:58 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Si,Welcome to SN
Make sure it's got full service history mate.Maybe see who done the servicing and any repairs and ring them and ask about the car.

Last edited by richie001; 22 March 2011 at 11:01 PM.