Header Tank Cap and Radiator Cap

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2011, 06:49 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Tank Cap and Radiator Cap

Just a quick one.

Replaced my STi header tank cap (rated to 1.3bar) for another one as it had been on for some time and the rubber seal/washer looked a little sorry for itself.

So rang Scoobyparts for a new one and they said £40 something to which I was ready to pay for when the guy on the phone said "or we have some aftermarket ones BuddyClub/Blitz etc"

When I asked how much he told me it was half the price.

So I said send me a Buddyclub one as they are same spec as the STi version (rated to 1.3 bar).

Anyway it arrived yesterday and when I looked at it.......they sent me a Blitz one. Regardless it was on £22 odd.

Anyway the cap I now have exposes the spring then the rubber ring etc. But one thing that confuses me is this.............

I asked for a Header Tank Cap and what they sent me a Radiator Cap. I told them its for a Newage STi etc.
On the Bugeyes you on have one cap on the header tank. But on the 2003> Newage you have one on the upper rad and one on the header tank.

Do you think I am OK to put the Cap sent to me for Radiator on the Header tank as it is still a cap? As it is still keeping the pressure in the cooling system right?

Silly question but need confirmation all will be well and the bugger won't boil it's **** off and leak if not for this position.

Steve
Old 13 February 2011, 07:05 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as the rubber part beneath the spring that sits down on the inner part of the header tank to seal is the same size and length as the old cap then yes you will be fine Steve,although i paid £29 inc VAT for a genuine sti 1.3 bar cap of my local stealer's so there making some money on the one there selling!!