Notices

Bad Day!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2010, 06:45 PM
Chrissyw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Day!!

Not been here in a while but a prob has poped up! not only has the snow cracked my window screen from a small stone chip, but i have a serious water leak. First i noticed she was overheating and heater was running cold, had a look today and when i squeeze the top water hose on the rad i get a gush of water from the underside of engine on passenger side, just near where the bottom rad hose connects to the engine (is that were the thermostat is?) Due to the snow i was think oh bugger cracked block! Are there any water pipes of any sort on the underside of the engine? or HG?

Oh 3 days ago i flushed the water system and replaced with correct coooolent, and yes i did replace the bung in bottom of rad and it is tight..

Any help would be cooool..

Cheers...

Chris

Last edited by Chrissyw; 02 December 2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02 December 2010, 06:49 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chrissyw
Not been here in a while but a prob has poped up! not only has the snow cracked my window screen from a small stone chip, but i have a serious water leak. First i noticed she was overheating and heater was running cold, had a look today and when i squeeze the top water hose on the rad i get a gush of water from the underside of engine on passenger side, just near where the bottom rad hose connects to the engine (is that were the thermostat is?) Due to the snow i was think oh bugger cracked block! Are there any water pipes of any sort on the underside of the engine? or HG?

Oh 3 days ago i flushed the water system and replaced with correct coooolent, and yes i did replace the bung in bottom of rad and it is tight..

Any help would be cooool..

Cheers...

Chris
Goosed pump or gasket?
Old 02 December 2010, 06:53 PM
93scooby
Scooby Regular

Where your talking about is in the area of the thermostat have you checked the bottom hose that runs from the rad to thermostat housing?
Old 02 December 2010, 07:02 PM
Chrissyw
Scooby Regular

Not had a chance to have a complete check as got a ton of snow around the car, But what i could see was, where the bottom hose on rad connects to the thermostat housing, there seems to be wet on the actual housing just were the pipe slips on, but the water seems to gush from slightly further under the engine from the thermostat housing point, unless the water is squirting from the pipe onto engine?
Old 02 December 2010, 08:32 PM
94 scooby
Scooby Regular

yes that is where the thermostat is
Old 02 December 2010, 08:48 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

Did you make sure when you filled it back up with coolant that you didnt have an air lock, But as you've described it sound as if it coming from thermostat and waterpump area.
You really need to get right under the car and see exactly where its coming from first.

Get the snow dug away and get under their.
Old 04 December 2010, 03:58 PM
Chrissyw
Scooby Regular

Update: I have now seen the problem! at first i thought it was a small 90 degree pipe on the underside of the thermostat housing as it seem to be leaking from there, so changed the horrid spring clips to nice new jubliee hose clips, but it still leaked, after having a look with me tourch i found the source was the water pump! the seal between the block and pump had gone and now gushes water! A trip the garage is now on the cards!

Has any one used CamSkill? see they have a pump for £39.50

Last edited by Chrissyw; 04 December 2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added text
Old 04 December 2010, 04:54 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's the going rate for a w/pump. Try Import Car Parts too.

GGR do ones for a similar price. I had a GGR one fitted to my old WRX - no issues with it at all.