Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAC tracker substricption

how much is the yearly fee and how you go bout setting it up

thanks Rich
Old 01 December 2010, 07:59 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have got some paperwork with the car mate, maybe in the book / service pack?
Old 01 December 2010, 08:03 PM
Richard STI.....
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
You should have got some paperwork with the car mate, maybe in the book / service pack?
yea pal its a sti but the garage i bought it from said subsription had ran out n just want to get it activated asap cos me last car (astra vxr was stolen 6 weeks ago)
Old 01 December 2010, 08:07 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Their number is; 01234 759380 according to my paperwork. Give them a buzz with your Reg, I'm sure they'll help.
Old 01 December 2010, 08:08 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

i think its about £130 for the year..i may be wrong, mines due in feb....
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

i pay £13 a month or you can pay £300, iirc, for the whole time you own the car.
Richard STI.....
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
Their number is; 01234 759380 according to my paperwork. Give them a buzz with your Reg, I'm sure they'll help.

thanks a bundle mate
Old 01 December 2010, 08:10 PM
Richard STI.....
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wrx sti ppp
i pay £13 a month or you can pay £300, iirc, for the whole time you own the car.
thanks for that nige il shall be ringing them tomorro
Old 01 December 2010, 08:12 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

no worries Richard...its piece of mind. make sure they do a test track first before taking your money...i am sure they will. i have dealt with trackstar a couple of times, but just make sure. it was at this point with my previous sti that i found out the tracker didnt work!
Old 01 December 2010, 08:16 PM
Richard STI.....
Scooby Newbie

no worries Richard...its piece of mind. make sure they do a test track first before taking your money...i am sure they will. i have dealt with trackstar a couple of times, but just make sure. it was at this point with my previous sti that i found out the tracker didnt work!
why was it stolen mate?are the subarus common to go walking?as my vxr got took because they broke into the house at night woke me up at knife point demading my keys so i told them and the **** nocked me clean out iv still got a lump six weeks on lol....so fort id go for something that could handle...hope iv made a good choice
Old 01 December 2010, 08:21 PM
wrx sti ppp
Scooby Regular

no, my sti wasnt stolen, however i am reliably informed by the boys in blue that the impreza is still the most stolen car in britain and also a thorn in the side of the insurance industry. i did the same as you on a previous car, tried to activate a trackstar subscription and they couldnt track when they did a test, that's how i found it was buggered.

so, what have you bought?

sounds absolutely terrifying having been robbed like that, with a knife. so long as you are ok thats really all that matters.
Old 01 December 2010, 08:25 PM
Richard STI.....
Scooby Newbie

no, my sti wasnt stolen, however i am reliably informed by the boys in blue that the impreza is still the most stolen car in britain and also a thorn in the side of the insurance industry. i did the same as you on a previous car, tried to activate a trackstar subscription and they couldnt track when they did a test, that's how i found it was buggered.

so, what have you bought?

sounds absolutely terrifying having been robbed like that, with a knife. so long as you are ok thats really all that matters.
got myself a 03 plate sti with pp pack on it...its in mint condition to guna spend abit on it just to put my own stamp on it i suppose....and i know what you mean been 23 insurance is really sttteeeeap lol
Old 01 December 2010, 08:30 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

It sounds like some people get put through the mill for what is just metal and rubber I can't believe they knocked you out!
Old 01 December 2010, 09:56 PM
just123
Scooby Regular

I have a RAC Trackstat fitted it was there when i bought the car but never wasted my money subscribing to it

Instead i bought my own Tracker for £80 take a normal mobile simcard just make sure it has credit and you can sms the car and it send back its location and speed also you can immobilise the fuel pump with sms, loads of other features like alert you when a door opens or goes over a defined speed or out a defined area

This way if somebody robbed me for my keys at knifepoint i could sms the car and disable it then run after it with a bigger bread knife and slice the bastad wide open

about £80 from ebay just search gps trackers, very good quality had mine for over 1 year and no probs

one i bought, very easy to fit with full instructions

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Realtime-G...item45f6f393d8

more advanced one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPS-vehicle-tr...item3f04eb1f84

Last edited by just123; 02 December 2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: ..
Old 04 December 2010, 06:19 PM
Grant Hay
Scooby Regular

ive got this too on my bug sti, but to tell the truth, if some lowlife steals it then i dont want it back after its been rallied to within a inch of its life.

but check your book, and if still no joy i can mail you some of the stuff i have,

cheers
Old 05 December 2010, 09:37 AM
Richard STI.....
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Grant Hay
ive got this too on my bug sti, but to tell the truth, if some lowlife steals it then i dont want it back after its been rallied to within a inch of its life.

but check your book, and if still no joy i can mail you some of the stuff i have,

cheers

good point mate...
im guna give them a call tomorro so il P.M you if i get stuck with anything
Old 04 January 2011, 05:51 PM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

I've been paying for this for over 4 years now. Just renewed my multicar policy with Admiral and asked about removing it.

They have kindly removed it from my policy with no increase in premium and no issues regarding theft/payouts etc. Bonus!

Women on the phone said they often find that when a car is stolen with a tracker they quite often fail to actually work.
Old 04 January 2011, 06:12 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

I phoned them yesterday to do a test track. First I've ever done since I've owned the car (almost 6 years) to be told that they couldn't get a signal from it and they had no activity from it in the last 5 years!!!!

They then wanted to charge me £140+VAT for somebody to come out and see about getting it working again!!! They refused point blank to discuss a refund for the money I'd been paying out for the last 5 years, stating that it could of stopped working a week ago and not 5 years ago.

Needless to say my direct debit has now been cancelled and they can go whistle. The way I see it is if my Insurance goes up by less than the £130 a year they charge then I'm better off.

As has been said above if it does get stolen than I'm not sure I want it back after some feckwit's ragged the living sh1te out of it!
Old 04 January 2011, 06:13 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Just tow the car every now & then without telling them ... they should call straight away. If not then it's f*cked!

TX.

PS

IMHO trackers are a waste of money ... real thieves can find the trackers or kill em without breaking a sweat.

Last edited by Terminator X; 04 January 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04 January 2011, 06:16 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
^^ Just tow the car every now & then without telling them ... they should call straight away. If not then it's f*cked!

TX.
TBH they told me to take it for a drive to see if it kicked in then phone them back. Did exactly that and nothing no signal from it at all. So 100% fecked.

Only time I've ever had contact from them was when it was on the Dartford Ferry 5 years ago or so, since then I just assumed it was working fine.

Proves it's worth doing a test track, apparently you can do up to 6 a year FOC.