Notices

ported headers and uppipe

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2010, 04:15 PM
Sleiper STI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ported headers and uppipe

hi guys looking for advise where to get ported headers and uppipe from( apart from harvey!) also will i need a remap with these car is an 06 blob, cheers
Old 23 October 2010, 06:07 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

Speak to Steve Whitson about if he ports headers and uppipe and deffo a remap
Old 23 October 2010, 06:08 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

why apart from harvey , hes the main man when it comes to porting, dont even know anyone else who does it.
Old 23 October 2010, 06:25 PM
Sleiper STI
Scooby Regular

i was just saying except harvey because he hasnt answered my emails the one he did answer his reply seemed as if he wasnt interested, dipsy does steve whitson port headers?
Old 23 October 2010, 06:42 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

I just mentioned Steve Whitson because he is not far from Edinburgh were you are and there is a set of harveys ported headers on scottishscoobies.net for sale
Old 23 October 2010, 06:47 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

DIY........others have. Do a search on here.....
Old 23 October 2010, 07:08 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

yeah i did diy myself ,will find out how good ive done em when i get my car running and mapped
Old 23 October 2010, 07:17 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

selling mine mate
Old 24 October 2010, 07:55 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ml#post9657777

Let's just get a few things straight. You wanted advice on what was the best course of action, if I remember rightly, but until you decided on what turbo to use it was not clear what the best advice would be.
Also, without looking back, I think I asked you for your phone number so I could determine exactly what you needed but you never supplied that.
You then asked about a set of tubular headers and as these are supplied by Roger Clark Motorsport I directed you to Roger Clark Motorsport directly because at the time I was unable to assist you further. That seemed like the helpful thing to do.
I would rather help fellow Subaru owners than hinder and although I receive 50-100 emails every day I take time to respond to all of them as most poeple know to their benefit.

Now on the thread above you posted this:
i emailed him regarding this as i heard good about his work and was ready to drive down from edinburgh to get a set of his ported headers and up pipe or gt headers which ever he recommended, he wasn't interested and told me to go to rcm, so when i need advice, my headers, new turbo, injectors and fmic, I will!
Sorry but this seems rather disingenuous when I subsequently discover you have been posting :
SW Motorsport forever or words to that effect.
I happen to know of SW and I am sure Steve Whitson will be very happy to fit your headers, new turbo, injectors and FMIC so why would you want to travel down to Darlington or RCMS for that matter?

PS: I am sure Jeff can do you a really good deal on a set of ported headers and matched uppipe.

Last edited by harvey; 24 October 2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 24 October 2010, 09:20 PM
Sleiper STI
Scooby Regular

apologies if i was a bit harsh there harvey but the reply i got from you was " i suggest if you want gt spec headers you contact the supplier rcm", you never said anything else, you never asked for my number and it seemed to me like you werent really interested, if this is wrong i apologise!!! i am not really clued up on headers and assumed that a set of ported or gt spec ones would be suitable for numerous turbos obviously i was wrong.

As for SW motorsport i do big steve up and he looks after the maintenance of my car, he is a nice, genuine, friendly enthusiast not just out to make money, cars are his "thing" his work is first class and i like to promote his company name! i am looking to do stuff to my car and unfortunately steve is a busy man and a " one man band", so rather than bothering him all the time i thought i would research the parts i want and build up a stockpile and get them fitted all at once by him. He doesnt sell parts so i have to do this!

The reason i asked you is because i have read 100's of posts on turbo's and associated stuff and you're name is always linked to the posts, to me that only means one thing " customer satisfaction" the fact that people recommend you time and time again!

i did send a reply to email but never heard back from you this made me think you weren't interested, i have no wish to offend anyone on this or any other forum and if it has i apologise to you once again Harvey!
Old 25 October 2010, 12:10 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

i know you have to use this email btw harveysmith1@btopenworld.com
Old 26 October 2010, 10:52 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad this is all cleared up.
I do not provide a free estimating service but i am happy to provide help, guidance and prices where appropriate. With 50-100 e-mails every day it takes a lot of time but all e-mails do get a response. PMs can take longer.