Notices

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2010, 05:14 PM
stonk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

hello all, joined over the weekend and had lots of help ive just had a 1999 2000 awd 2.0 turbo and am about to under take full servivce im preety good with spanners ,but i would like some advise from the experts. on this site . i.e dry cranking, spark plugs,and any dos and donts when serviceing also the cam belt is about due can this be done or is it garage job. please say i can do it and finally axle oil ive just started to get a slight knock when going from first to second and bringing clutch up. i dont think oil has ever been changed. could this be something wrong here. cheers stonk
Old 19 October 2010, 05:23 PM
stann01
Scooby Regular

plenty on here about oil changes and dry cranking just do a search, changing the cam belt you can do yourself just done it myself for the first time, its quite easy just do some research.
Old 19 October 2010, 05:26 PM
stonk
Scooby Regular

thanks mate will do
Old 19 October 2010, 05:28 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonk
hello all, joined over the weekend and had lots of help ive just had a 1999 2000 awd 2.0 turbo and am about to under take full servivce im preety good with spanners ,but i would like some advise from the experts. on this site . i.e dry cranking, spark plugs,and any dos and donts when serviceing also the cam belt is about due can this be done or is it garage job. please say i can do it and finally axle oil ive just started to get a slight knock when going from first to second and bringing clutch up. i dont think oil has ever been changed. could this be something wrong here. cheers stonk
dont worry scoobys are simple to work on, frstly oil change, i have never had any issues with dry cranking,
spark plugs are down the side of the block 2 each side do them 1 at a time so you dont mix the coils up,
cam belts, i can do them in less than an hour, all the pulleys are straight forward apart from the crank pulley which has 1 mark and another one which can be confused, you will need a vice to compress the tensioner but it is pretty simple, take the rad off and you are in there no probs,.
the knock is probly a mount i reckon,.
Old 19 October 2010, 06:34 PM
stonk
Scooby Regular

brill thanks mate thats made me feel a bit better, i thought i was going to have to go to collage , just to change the plugs. lots of other questions comin up cheers stonk