Notices

Please advise on Forester injectors (urgent)

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2010, 02:41 PM
Pieter
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please advise on Forester injectors (urgent)

Could someone please help me out with some advice re Forester injectors. My car is a 2 litre Forester XT (2000). I have already fitted a stainless downpipe and stainless exhaust pipe. Now I have an Impreza STi turbo that I want to fit with the small turbo that is in the car now, but have problems finding out which injectors I need to replace the existing ones (which are model 5-0405-0510 B3 (yellow)). More of a problem is that I am in Spain and the dude who is going to fit the turbo and who fitted the exhaust is also not sure which injectors to use. I have previously been advised that I can use the standard ones as long as they are not maxing out and that remapping needs to be done in conjunction therewith. Other advice I have received is that I can use size 550 injectors. No-one has been able to give me a decisive answer and any input would be greatly appreciated - this is becoming a thorn in my side. Thanks very much.
Old 19 September 2010, 02:48 PM
Big 'D'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pieter
Could someone please help me out with some advice re Forester injectors. My car is a 2 litre Forester XT (2000). I have already fitted a stainless downpipe and stainless exhaust pipe. Now I have an Impreza STi turbo that I want to fit with the small turbo that is in the car now, but have problems finding out which injectors I need to replace the existing ones (which are model 5-0405-0510 B3 (yellow)). More of a problem is that I am in Spain and the dude who is going to fit the turbo and who fitted the exhaust is also not sure which injectors to use. I have previously been advised that I can use the standard ones as long as they are not maxing out and that remapping needs to be done in conjunction therewith. Other advice I have received is that I can use size 550 injectors. No-one has been able to give me a decisive answer and any input would be greatly appreciated - this is becoming a thorn in my side. Thanks very much.
What turbo is it you are fitting mate and the yellow injectors you have fitted are 440cc.

Cheers Iain
Old 19 September 2010, 03:00 PM
Pieter
Scooby Newbie

Hi Iain it's an Impreza STi turbo from a 2005 model. My problem is that it's all very well for someone to tell me that I need 550cc injectors, but I need to know what make, model etc - and I'm completely in the dark. Unfortunately so is the chap who is going to do it, which doesn't help very much. I have a bee in my bonnet though - if there is any further info you need from me in order to give me advice, please let me know. Thanks a stack for the reply.
Old 19 September 2010, 04:15 PM
Big 'D'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pieter
Hi Iain it's an Impreza STi turbo from a 2005 model. My problem is that it's all very well for someone to tell me that I need 550cc injectors, but I need to know what make, model etc - and I'm completely in the dark. Unfortunately so is the chap who is going to do it, which doesn't help very much. I have a bee in my bonnet though - if there is any further info you need from me in order to give me advice, please let me know. Thanks a stack for the reply.
Ok mate it is fairly straight forward, you will need the following items.

550cc Phase 2 Injectors from a well known source like Nismo or Power Enterprise - LINK - http://lateralperformance.co.uk/sect...feed_injectors

A Walbro 255 fuel pump.

And I would defo consider a 3 port boost solenoid, either source a 3 port from an old V1/2 Impreza or get one new from the likes of Perrin.

I hope this helps

Cheers Iain