Notices

S.E.C.S Psi 3

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2010, 08:13 PM
weazel litchfield type
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.E.C.S Psi 3

Iv just changed my standard ecu to a autronics sm4 on a version 8 sti jdm, The PSI 3 worked with my old ecu but will not work with the autronics, Apparantly its not compatible, Does anyone no of another ecu monitor like the S.E.C.S Psi 3 that will work with a aftermarket ecu? , Also how much does a used psi 3 roughly go for as i may have to sell now? Cheers guys
Old 15 September 2010, 09:24 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which model is it M8?
Old 15 September 2010, 09:44 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weazel litchfield type
Iv just changed my standard ecu to a autronics sm4 on a version 8 sti jdm, The PSI 3 worked with my old ecu but will not work with the autronics, Apparantly its not compatible,
Correct. The PSi3 unit uses the proprietary Subaru comms protocol. Aftermarket ECUs don't.

Does anyone no of another ecu monitor like the S.E.C.S Psi 3 that will work with a aftermarket ecu? ,
No idea what you can do with the Autronic, but in general most aftermarket ECUs will either have a datalogging facility either onboard or via cable to a PC, or have their own dedicated displays and/or programmers.
Old 16 September 2010, 05:53 PM
weazel litchfield type
Scooby Regular

Sorry about late reply, Iv just finished work, its a S.E.C.S. PSI 3 S1001 its a good bit of kit thats why i was looking to get something like this what is compatible with my ECU, Looks like i will have to sell it now , SPLITPIN, do you no weather DEFI guages will be able to work with this ECU? Sorry if im asking a stupid question but i havent looked into guages and dont no how they wire up or that! I probably sound like a complete numpty lol
Old 16 September 2010, 06:18 PM
brockalightus
Scooby Regular

Sorry about late reply, Iv just finished work, its a S.E.C.S. PSI 3 S1001 its a good bit of kit thats why i was looking to get something like this what is compatible with my ECU, Looks like i will have to sell it now , SPLITPIN, do you no weather DEFI guages will be able to work with this ECU? Sorry if im asking a stupid question but i havent looked into guages and dont no how they wire up or that! I probably sound like a complete numpty lol
I think its the display thats being asked for m8, LCD or VFD

LCD is worth £100-150
VFD is worth £250 - 300

Last edited by brockalightus; 16 September 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 16 September 2010, 07:23 PM
weazel litchfield type
Scooby Regular

Cheers m8, Ithink its LCD to be honest, But i have only seen 1 type. Il have to join up on here and sell it.

Last edited by weazel litchfield type; 16 September 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 16 September 2010, 08:26 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

do you no weather DEFI guages will be able to work with this ECU? Sorry if im asking a stupid question but i havent looked into guages and dont no how they wire up or that! I probably sound like a complete numpty lol
It's not a stupid question (there's pretty much no such thing), but it is a moot question.

Yes, Defis will work fine - but they work fine because they have their own completely independent sensor heads. As such, by definition they'll work with any ECU as they have absolutely nothing to do with it.

This is slightly different to the SECS, which gets most of its information from the ECUs diagnostic datastream - although if you want to use its oil temp/pressure measurement facility, you again need to add dedicated sensors as the Impreza isn't fitted with its own.
Old 16 September 2010, 09:08 PM
weazel litchfield type
Scooby Regular

Nice one, Thanks for that, I get it now cheers