Notices

not running right

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2010, 01:53 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry not running right

Can any1 please help i own a 97 uk turbo 2000 (well it was registered on the 1/1/1997) and about a week ago i noticed she started to hesitate slightly so i pulled up and noticed that on tick over she was running at 1000rpm instead of 700rpm ish since then some days she ticks over fine overs she runs rich but still she hesitates slightly.
can any 1 please help me fix this problem....... p.s changed fuel filter, oil plus filter
Old 22 August 2010, 05:21 PM
kj200sx
Scooby Regular

im having similar symptoms at the min with my 97 sti v limited idles rough and then ok and sounds like a very slight misfire but on the hole drives good i currently have a induction kit fitted which im waiting to remove as this could cause the symptoms if you have any joy in sorting it could you let me know and i will do like wise thanks
Old 22 August 2010, 06:59 PM
banjogt
Scooby Regular

Sounds Like Electrical Problem, Have you changed the plugs (used correct ones), and leads recently?
Old 24 August 2010, 10:58 PM
Babes77
Scooby Newbie

I am having simular probs with my 95 wrx import . On checking i found the pipe between the maf and the manifold was loose while driving steady it was sucking air through gap but when i gave it some stick the pipe sucked its self in and sealed the leak . I also changed plugs from platinum to iridium and cleaned the maf sensor this has so far sorted the problem
Old 25 August 2010, 02:45 AM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Yep agree with babes77 and banjogt air or spark, probably air, check for any leaks after the air flow meter. Faulty air flow meters are very common on the sti's.
Old 25 August 2010, 05:17 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan2926
Yep agree with babes77 and banjogt air or spark, probably air, check for any leaks after the air flow meter. Faulty air flow meters are very common on the sti's.

just checked all the pipe from the air flow meter NOTHING found.............. got a maf of flea bay so jst waiting for it to turn up... in the artical it said it had been signal tested with a oscillater so hopefully once i fit it this will cure this problem......saying that this problem started when i removed the maf and air filter and cleaned it all out with an air line.

i am going to order a set new plugs as this to could be the problem but as i said the problem started after i pee`ed about with the maf n filter any 1 recomed a good set of plugs

cheers fellas
Old 25 August 2010, 05:34 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboaddict
saying that this problem started when i removed the maf and air filter and cleaned it all out with an air line.
And there is the most probable cause of the problem.

Never use an air line on your MAF, they are far to delicate. At the very most, use a cotton bud very gently. I've never cleaned mine at all.

What plugs have you ordered? NGK PFR6B's i hope, gap them to 0.70 or 0.65mm, check them before installing as they can vary out of the box. You will also need a good selection of extension bars to change the plugs, do them at the same time you do your MAF as you will find it alot easier, also remove the screen wash bottle to give you more room
Old 25 August 2010, 06:18 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
And there is the most probable cause of the problem.

Never use an air line on your MAF, they are far to delicate. At the very most, use a cotton bud very gently. I've never cleaned mine at all.

What plugs have you ordered? NGK PFR6B's i hope, gap them to 0.70 or 0.65mm, check them before installing as they can vary out of the box. You will also need a good selection of extension bars to change the plugs, do them at the same time you do your MAF as you will find it alot easier, also remove the screen wash bottle to give you more room
yeah ngk PFR6B`S is what i will order "b13bat" thank you for all your imput . just hope once i have changed this maf and the plugs i will no longer have the prob!! then after that on to drilled n grooved disks+ ebc pads all round, then time to achive some more bhp, think i will start with the exhaust system then the td05 with an sti i/c followed by a re map, dont want to go mad and put to much of a strain on the engine. might just do the exhaust system and have a re map, what sort of figers will i achive from just that alone????