Default CATACLEAN "Anyone used this ?"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Has anyone used this ? does it work ?
Old 07 August 2010, 11:28 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi mate
on tyresmoke.net its few pages about Cataclean a does't job,beware before you buy this ****
Here is something from tyresmoke.net,which one guy post:

I purchased Cataclean and chuck it into my wife Audi A4. We did not see any difference at first so after month put some more in, the car then started to become sluggish. Did some research on the web and came across this so BEWARE the British advertising company tested the product
Best Direct also typed in the guy who ownes Cataclean Ross Baigent who is a director and he has ties to Tim Johnston who did a fuel additive scam in NZ and Australia – Wasted my money on a Scam – the British Advertising Boards findings
The ASA considered that the claims were misleading.

3. Upheld
The expert considered that using a vehicle with a known and apparently unquantified problem was bad practice. The results showed that Cataclean had no beneficial effect on emissions. The expert noted the evidence did not repeat the decreases in emissions that were demonstrated in the infomercial. We considered that the claims were misleading.

5. Upheld
The expert advised that catalyst efficiency was established by analysing the exhaust gases entering and exiting the catalyst. He noted the submitted tests did not use that method. The expert advised that the product was extremely unlikely to survive the combustion process and reach the exhaust catalyst. We considered that the claim was misleading.

Action
We concluded that the infomercial breached rules 5.1 (Misleading advertising), 5.2.1 (Evidence), 5.4.4 (Testimonials) and 5.2.6 (Environmental claims) of the CAP (Broadcast) TV Advertising Standards Code and it must not be advertised again without adequate substantiation for each claim it mad

And here is link and just look number #9 post
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/gener...ml#post1393342
Old 07 August 2010, 11:34 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for that. So in a nut shell its a loads of **** !!! ah well I thought I may aswell see if anyone had used it and if so did it work but having read the above I`m guessing it doesnt.
Old 07 August 2010, 11:42 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have CEL(Check Engine Light) just buy Denso Lambda sensor and you have piece of mind.I know 87£ its expensive,but if you really want piece of mind this is best option.
Or try some Subaru Breakers and will have some Lambda Sensors.
On some Classics work Halfords lambda sensor,just check and before you something buy check wires,on New Age have 4 wires,on Classic are 3 wires.
Old 07 August 2010, 11:52 PM
john5f
Scooby Regular

My experience: 12 months ago my wife's M reg Astra failed its MOT badly on emissions. I threw a can of Cataclean in the fuel and a can of Amtech's 'Restore' in the engine oil. 2 weeks later it went for a retest and passed emissions easily so something worked. I have no idea which one (or both) made the difference but the car definitely ran better until the end of January when she traded it in on the scrappage scheme.
Old 08 August 2010, 02:21 AM
ClassicWR1
Scooby Regular

I also know of someone who put in a M reg peugoet after failing badly on emissions - went back next morning (was put in 20mins before hand with a hard drive appernetly) - and it passed easily!!!!

on the otherhand i used it on one of my old scoobs that failed on emissions and altho it did seem to help a little - still wasnt enough to bloody pass me!!! doh!!!!

so there you go!!!lol, but at 10quid a bottle - what have you got to lose right??????

Last edited by ClassicWR1; 08 August 2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08 August 2010, 11:58 AM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

well mixed reveiws, I`ll have to have a think about it and go from there £87 for new sensor and either fit it myself or pay someone £35 quid to do it.......
Old 08 January 2014, 07:26 PM
Jenny Churchill
Scooby Newbie

Default Cataclean WORKS

I know the post is old but I figured I'd respond anyways. YES I have used Cataclean and IT DOES WORK! My check engine light was on I need an inspection sticker, kept failing for emissions due to a P-420 code and I think a P-432 code (clogged cats pretty much) Car was a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 final mileage was 230,000 (WORSE CAR EVER DO NOT BUY unless u want to endlessly do repairs, dump THOUSANDS into, the cars electronics _ NIGHTMARE, pay outrageous prices on parts and no one wants to work on those cars because EVERYTHING is a pain in a A** to do....literally. But yes I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND CATACLEAN to anyone that is needing their check engine light off and it helped my car idle better and well run better all around.
Old 11 January 2014, 03:17 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jenny Churchill
I know the post is old but I figured I'd respond anyways. YES I have used Cataclean and IT DOES WORK! My check engine light was on I need an inspection sticker, kept failing for emissions due to a P-420 code and I think a P-432 code (clogged cats pretty much) Car was a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 final mileage was 230,000 (WORSE CAR EVER DO NOT BUY unless u want to endlessly do repairs, dump THOUSANDS into, the cars electronics _ NIGHTMARE, pay outrageous prices on parts and no one wants to work on those cars because EVERYTHING is a pain in a A** to do....literally. But yes I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND CATACLEAN to anyone that is needing their check engine light off and it helped my car idle better and well run better all around.
Good job you posted as I was just about to buy a 2002 Lincoln LS V8