Notices

ENGINE LIGHT *****HELP*****

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2010, 06:26 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE LIGHT *****HELP*****

Right then Just on way home driving as normal (lil quick but not excesive) and noticed my engine light come on. I have to say I have been driving with very little fuel last couple days (petrol light just came on after engine light). There doesnt seem to be any fault I can feel when driving it I.E misfire or anything noticable. I had a look under the drivers side and can see x2 green connectors to check fans,boost valve,fuel pump etc but cant see the black connectors under there to do fault test to get the codes(as stated on here) I can see x2 black connectors nxt to the grn ones but they are already connected together (looks like someone has been under there at some point as blue masking tape has been used). I`m going to borrow a tester machine my pal has got to check the car, has anyone got a idea where I plug this in to do check and has anyone got a idea why there isnt a black connector as stated on here ? Your help will be much appreciated as I`m a very skint man at the min and i`m going to have to try and fix the fault dependent on what it is myself.

2002 wrx wagon bugeye k&n filter and stainless cat back.
Old 04 August 2010, 06:37 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
Right then Just on way home driving as normal (lil quick but not excesive) and noticed my engine light come on. I have to say I have been driving with very little fuel last couple days (petrol light just came on after engine light). There doesnt seem to be any fault I can feel when driving it I.E misfire or anything noticable. I had a look under the drivers side and can see x2 green connectors to check fans,boost valve,fuel pump etc but cant see the black connectors under there to do fault test to get the codes(as stated on here) I can see x2 black connectors nxt to the grn ones but they are already connected together (looks like someone has been under there at some point as blue masking tape has been used). I`m going to borrow a tester machine my pal has got to check the car, has anyone got a idea where I plug this in to do check and has anyone got a idea why there isnt a black connector as stated on here ? Your help will be much appreciated as I`m a very skint man at the min and i`m going to have to try and fix the fault dependent on what it is myself.

2002 wrx wagon bugeye k&n filter and stainless cat back.
the connecters on a bugeye are not under the seat first off there at bootom off dash you plug a obd reader in to read codes the managment light proberly will come on driving quick with no fuel in it the bugeyes have tempermental sensors but i thi nk your problem is running the car low on fuel
Old 04 August 2010, 06:44 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
the connecters on a bugeye are not under the seat first off there at bootom off dash you plug a obd reader in to read codes the managment light proberly will come on driving quick with no fuel in it the bugeyes have tempermental sensors but i thi nk your problem is running the car low on fuel
Ye I`m aware of connectors been under drivers side dash but wasnt sure were the obd connection is to connect reader up ? any idea ? plus If I reset it to remove light and fill up will the sensor be ok ? I`m new to all this stuff sorry to sound like a fool
Old 04 August 2010, 06:53 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxwagon
Ye I`m aware of connectors been under drivers side dash but wasnt sure were the obd connection is to connect reader up ? any idea ? plus If I reset it to remove light and fill up will the sensor be ok ? I`m new to all this stuff sorry to sound like a fool
when i had mine connected up the reader connected up to the connecters as above under drivers dash the ones you are looking at under seats are your airbags put the fuel in reset ecu
Old 04 August 2010, 06:55 PM
ian.e
Scooby Regular

The obd socket is directly under the steering column.
Old 04 August 2010, 08:58 PM
scoobywrxwagon
Scooby Regular

Right then ive done obd check and it states " HO2S bank 1 sen 1" under that "heater circuit low" does anyone have any idea what that means ?
Old 04 August 2010, 11:53 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0031 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)is in fact the 02 sensor and is located on the drivers side (right hand drive)before the up pipe.
Also is there a sepearate A/F sensor located elsewhere as Subaru having given me a quote for an 02 sensor and a quote for an A/F sensor part number 22641AA2