idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2010, 04:19 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face idle problems

Hi,
since my car had an HYDRA ECU fitted and mapped i've an idle issue.
after changing the lambda probe, the air flow meter (useless normally as ecu use now MAF map) and remap i still got the problem.
to be honest after changing the lambda probe most of the idle issue was cured, i mean, before changing the probe the idle fluctuated 8 times of 10 and stalled about 5 times of 10.
now it fluctuates about 2-3 times of 10 and never stall.
big improvement lol!!!
but does anyone help me about that...what can i look for?
thanks all
Daniel
Old 13 July 2010, 04:45 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

nobody can help me??
Old 13 July 2010, 05:06 PM
Lewak
Scooby Regular

what year is it.

Can you give anymore details about this.

Is it when you first start up, whats it like when warmed up?

Cheers

Dave
Old 13 July 2010, 05:39 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

hi mate, same model as yours, v3 sti wagon vlimited.
it happens fisrt when i start the engine, after a while or if i floor the pedal till around 3000rpm it stabilize.
sometimes the idle fluctuates when i stop at a traffic light and no gear engaged.
Old 14 July 2010, 01:02 AM
Lewak
Scooby Regular

Ok

this sounds like a problem i had also.... Turn'd out to be my Idle Air control Vavle.

There are two ways to fix this. One. Is to adjust it. the second would be to give it a clean out which is ment to be done every 45k miles.

If cleaning it doesn't work then its the Top part of the unit that has failed.

If your not sure what this part is i can send you a picture and some instructions on it.

Cheers

Dave
Old 14 July 2010, 08:49 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

greaaaaaaaaaat lol!!! finally i'm gonna get the prob solved!!! could you please send me the pic to see what it looks .
thanks mate!!!
Old 15 July 2010, 02:14 PM
Lewak
Scooby Regular

Ok mate...

You will need some Carb Cleaner to clean the unit and a new gasket also http://www.japanesecarimports.net/pa...Idle%20control

Idle Air control Valve is located on the right side of the throttle body, its the unit that has 3 cable plug on the top.

When removing this be carefull. There are two pipes at the bottom of the unit on the left and right side of it. These are your coolent pipes. Not a lot will come from these but best to block them off once disconnected.

The plug on the top can also be disconnected. If you find that removing the magnatic motor on the top were the plug connects to be carefull and mark its possition before removing it. Don't worry about the rubber ring inside there as it doesn't do much.

There is 3 bolts to undo two at the top and one at the bottom left corner.
When you start to remove it you will find a round rubber ring inside it. make not of which way its fitted as when you put it back together if you place this in the wrong way you will find that your idle is at 2500rpms. Behind this rubber ring is a small metal ring again don't loose this either and make don't of how it was fitted.

remove the unit and soak in carb Cleaner for 3hrs then refit is the reverse of removel.
Old 15 July 2010, 02:14 PM
Lewak
Scooby Regular

Ok mate...

You will need some Carb Cleaner to clean the unit and a new gasket also http://www.japanesecarimports.net/pa...Idle%20control

Idle Air control Valve is located on the right side of the throttle body, its the unit that has 3 cable plug on the top.

When removing this be carefull. There are two pipes at the bottom of the unit on the left and right side of it. These are your coolent pipes. Not a lot will come from these but best to block them off once disconnected.

The plug on the top can also be disconnected. If you find that removing the magnatic motor on the top were the plug connects to be carefull and mark its possition before removing it. Don't worry about the rubber ring inside there as it doesn't do much.

There is 3 bolts to undo two at the top and one at the bottom left corner.
When you start to remove it you will find a round rubber ring inside it. make not of which way its fitted as when you put it back together if you place this in the wrong way you will find that your idle is at 2500rpms. Behind this rubber ring is a small metal ring again don't loose this either and make don't of how it was fitted.

remove the unit and soak in carb Cleaner for 3hrs then refit is the reverse of removel.
Old 15 July 2010, 02:17 PM
Lewak
Scooby Regular

ok it seems to have posted that twice
Old 15 July 2010, 03:37 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

hi mate!!! nice pics!!! and very usefull, i've spoken to my mechanic and he'll do the cleaning....as yesterday afternoon a bloody "bm" ******* crushed my right front end!!!!!!!! so enough time for the mechanic to clean it .