Notices

new turbo on p1 bt oil feed difrent help please !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2010, 12:26 AM
smithyscoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new turbo on p1 bt oil feed difrent help please !!!!

hi guys just pt a brand new tdo5 20g turbo on my p1 an oil feed bolt is dif can any let me know where i can get one from any hel would be great thanx
Old 11 July 2010, 12:30 AM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most turbo suppliers will stock the bolt your after try AET or subaru tuners,look on the net to find the closest 1 to u,or post awanted thread and im shore some 1 will have 1,is it the banjo union on top your after mate?
Old 11 July 2010, 12:41 AM
smithyscoob
Scooby Newbie

yeah thats the one well old one aint a banjo just a double threaded bolt bt ive seen them on e-bay bt aint waiting a week i want iy bk on the road 2 moz lol caint stand not been able too go out an play lol
Old 11 July 2010, 12:42 AM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smithyscoob
yeah thats the one well old one aint a banjo just a double threaded bolt bt ive seen them on e-bay bt aint waiting a week i want iy bk on the road 2 moz lol caint stand not been able too go out an play lol
will you be getting it mapped fella?what turbo have you took off?
Old 13 July 2010, 12:42 AM
smithyscoob
Scooby Newbie

ive done the oil feed now found a mint place that does all types off fitting bt now im geting a fair bit off lag boost dnt come in too 5000rpm so i think its just gona need a good set up an map has gt a murgen boost controler fitted tho would this need adjusting ????
Old 13 July 2010, 01:14 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Confused by your/Prodriverules' references to the bolt "at the top" Smithy. Did you replace the oil feed banjo at the cylinder head end, or just the one on the top of the turbo cartridge?

A good TD05 20G will be laggier than a VF28, all things considered, but should come in a fair bit lower than 5000rpm. Won't comment on what may or may not happen if it's an eBay TD05 20G copy, but if comment re. oil restrictor above proves accurate then this may be a moot point.

It also goes without saying that it will need to be mapped in properly. If you haven't had this done yet, it's hardly surprising it doesn't run right. Although that said, a properly mapped 05-20 will need further supporting mods to justify itself. Take it you've already changed the intercooler and injectors/fuel pump from the P1 items?
Old 13 July 2010, 08:29 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Bolts instead of banjos?
How on earth was oil meant to get to the turbo?

Trending Topics

Old 13 July 2010, 11:32 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah yeah
OP, 2 points you need to understand, first being that you cannot just bolt on a (much) bigger turbo and expect it not to have some sort of detremental effect on the rest of the car, ie parts like the clutch and gearbox will suffer greatly, and it could lead to very premature engine failure.
Point 2 is as splitpin say's, you need supporting mods and a remap, a "boost controller" wont do the job, and the chances are if you paid 200-400 quid for this turbo its going to be a chinese copy, your better off with your standard unit back on.

Now to the big point, what are you after from your car? power wise that is? and what sort of kit is on the car at the moment? (ie alcon brakes, rebuilt engine etc).

Tony
Old 13 July 2010, 01:09 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Prodriverules, is your interest in this forum actually helping people, or trolling/flame-baiting? It's a bit odd to see you pm'ing me one day saying that we "got off on the wrong foot" and asking if I could give you some advice, and then carrying on like this the next when I suggested you'll get help from me if your attitude improves. Do you think your "c*ck-suckers" post qualifies as such an improvement? Where's it gone, by the way? Thought better of it after a moment's reflection?

The reason I asked the OP to clarify re. the oil restrictors is because you referenced the "the banjo union on top", and Smithy concurred that this was the part he was after.

If Smithy has "sorted" that one, but forgotten about the banjo/restrictor at the bottom of the oil feed pipe, and left his VF28 one on, he's going to break his journal bearing turbo quite quickly. As such, whatever you may have said privately, it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask - in the OP's best interests.

If you were more interested in contributing sensibly to the forum and less in trying to massage your own ego, you'd probably realise that.
Old 13 July 2010, 01:25 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prodriverules, your not acutally helping anyone out tbh, your knowledge seems to be "lacking" in the area of subaru's, and your not very helpful at all (if anything your quite rude).

When you have something civil to say, come back (it could be quite some time )

Tony
Old 13 July 2010, 01:29 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Prodriverules, your not acutally helping anyone out tbh, your knowledge seems to be "lacking" in the area of subaru's, and your not very helpful at all (if anything your quite rude).

When you have something civil to say, come back (it could be quite some time )

Tony
whatever Tony im really not interested in what you think fella,and there's only one person on here that is rude when giving advice.
Old 13 July 2010, 05:39 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Prodriverules, is your interest in this forum actually helping people, or trolling/flame-baiting? It's a bit odd to see you pm'ing me one day saying that we "got off on the wrong foot" and asking if I could give you some advice, and then carrying on like this the next when I suggested you'll get help from me if your attitude improves. Do you think your "c*ck-suckers" post qualifies as such an improvement? Where's it gone, by the way? Thought better of it after a moment's reflection?

The reason I asked the OP to clarify re. the oil restrictors is because you referenced the "the banjo union on top", and Smithy concurred that this was the part he was after.

If Smithy has "sorted" that one, but forgotten about the banjo/restrictor at the bottom of the oil feed pipe, and left his VF28 one on, he's going to break his journal bearing turbo quite quickly. As such, whatever you may have said privately, it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask - in the OP's best interests.

If you were more interested in contributing sensibly to the forum and less in trying to massage your own ego, you'd probably realise that.
hi splitpin. reading your writeup its got me into a bit of a worry. my car is a uk99 turbo so will been fitted with td04 standard. will i have to change the oil feed bolts swapping to a td05?
thanks for help an sorry to jump thread
Old 13 July 2010, 07:53 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by seddomyster
hi splitpin. reading your writeup its got me into a bit of a worry. my car is a uk99 turbo so will been fitted with td04 standard. will i have to change the oil feed bolts swapping to a td05?
thanks for help an sorry to jump thread
The OP is moving from a ball bearing to a plain bearing turbo. Plain bearing cartridges need a lot more oil flow (and pressure) than roller/ball bearing units so in his case he has to take the VF28-compatible restrictor out and put a plain bearing one in.

You're going from a TD04 to TD05 - one plain bearing unit to another, so no, this isn't an issue for you.
Old 13 July 2010, 08:55 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

ok thanks splitpin i didnt know if td05 turbos used a different sized feed than the 04s.
thanks for advise
Old 15 July 2010, 05:21 PM
smithyscoob
Scooby Newbie

hi guys all i have replaced is the union on top of the turbo the hole in the centre is slightly bigger so will have less presure is it best if i just tell u what turbo it is then cuz im getting worried now . car has just had an ap paddle clutch an has got a type r gear box front mount an has the 2.5 bug eye shape eng with stronger internals an fuel presure reg an uprated pump an not 100% bt think its running pink injectors cheers smithy
Old 15 July 2010, 06:56 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smithyscoob
hi guys all i have replaced is the union on top of the turbo
Right. So just as well someone clarified this point, rather than going off at half ****, eh Prodriverules?

Smithy, if you have a P1 and have just taken off the VF28 to replace with this new TD-series turbo, you will need to replace the banjo bolt at the cylinder head end of the oil supply line, and as a matter of some urgency, as that contains a restrictor/filter that is intended for a ball bearing turbo like the VF28, and will cause your new plain bearing one an oil supply problem.

The part you need is number 15194AA100, a handful of quid from your nearest Subaru dealer. While you're there you might as well get a proper top bolt if you're not sure you have the correct one - 15194AA110.

the hole in the centre is slightly bigger so will have less presure is it best if i just tell u what turbo it is then cuz im getting worried now.
The more information you give us, the better equipped we are to advise you. However, given your hardware spec, the fact that you're unsure about some aspects of the setup (eg the injectors), and that you're going to need at least a remap, it'd probably not be a bad idea to have the car checked over fully while that process is ongoing so you can be sure what you have.
Old 15 July 2010, 07:48 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Right. So just as well someone clarified this point, rather than going off at half ****, eh Prodriverules?

Smithy, if you have a P1 and have just taken off the VF28 to replace with this new TD-series turbo, you will need to replace the banjo bolt at the cylinder head end of the oil supply line, and as a matter of some urgency, as that contains a restrictor/filter that is intended for a ball bearing turbo like the VF28, and will cause your new plain bearing one an oil supply problem.

The part you need is number 15194AA100, a handful of quid from your nearest Subaru dealer. While you're there you might as well get a proper top bolt if you're not sure you have the correct one - 15194AA110.

The more information you give us, the better equipped we are to advise you. However, given your hardware spec, the fact that you're unsure about some aspects of the setup (eg the injectors), and that you're going to need at least a remap, it'd probably not be a bad idea to have the car checked over fully while that process is ongoing so you can be sure what you have.
+1 splitpin
Old 19 July 2010, 02:09 PM
smithyscoob
Scooby Newbie

cheers split pin ur a star will get this done asap had a good look at the injectors an there anodised blue have been too central subaru an he says there defo uprated bt not sure what cc nt sure what ecu its gt this is what it say on cover
ib a18-000 d4e
22611 ag340
unisia jecs
its got a cable come in out that looks like it will clip into a laptop an who is the best place too take it too its going too have a service before i take it cuz not long had a cusco rear diff on an oil is due for a change