Notices

How to fit avcr to a classic with a power fc?

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2010, 11:58 AM
stiggy wiggy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fit avcr to a classic with a power fc?

I've done a search but couldn't find any definitive guide so to speak.

I've got version 4 sti type r with a power fc and I'm looking to fit a avcr off my old s14a 200sx which also had an fc, is it compatible or will I need any extra componants.

Which wires do I need to tap into on the fc and where about do people locate all the other gubbins around the engine bay?

Cheers
Old 21 June 2010, 12:23 AM
stiggy wiggy
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 21 June 2010, 02:09 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

Assuming you have all the existing parts with the AVCR the fitting process will be the same, and will only vary on turbo or waste gate set up. In this case the plumbing would be the same of that in the S14. The pin outs for your car can be found in the AVCR manual here http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6115.pdf along with relevant fitting information. The settings will vary in great deal to your previous set up so it’s advisable if not familiar yourself to have this set up correctly whilst checking the map on the Power FC.
Old 21 June 2010, 10:33 PM
stiggy wiggy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Un-Ink*
Assuming you have all the existing parts with the AVCR the fitting process will be the same, and will only vary on turbo or waste gate set up. In this case the plumbing would be the same of that in the S14. The pin outs for your car can be found in the AVCR manual here http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6115.pdf along with relevant fitting information. The settings will vary in great deal to your previous set up so it’s advisable if not familiar yourself to have this set up correctly whilst checking the map on the Power FC.
Legend, thanks mate
just wanna get it all plumbed in before I take it to be mapped to save on the fitting costs