Notices

Bugeye JDM WRX Tuning Advice....

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2010, 02:45 PM
kevaldo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugeye JDM WRX Tuning Advice....

Hello, I'm after some advice, I have a 2000 bug completely standard other than boost gauge. I'm after some advice basically. I want to get some more BHP out of it, i'm thinking of getting the following:

1) Full exhaust system (de-cat) anyone suggest any?
2) Air filter? Panel or induction kit?
3) Upgraded fuel pump?
4) STI TMIC
5) Remap (any recommendations i'm located in Preston North West)

What would the estimate BHP go to from that i want about 300ish?

Further down the line maybe some pink injectors and a VF35 or TD05 Turbo.

Thanks

Kev
Old 07 June 2010, 03:58 PM
fred388
Scooby Regular

i have just got mine remapped from andy forrest, i have the wrx bugeye to, with walbro fuel pump,turbo back meercat exhaust,and a K&N pannel filter, i got 280bhp and 290torque, i was told sti tmic and sti injectors and bigger turbo i would be seeing 320ish
Old 07 June 2010, 04:02 PM
Lord Bass
Scooby Regular

for the remap i recommend prosport www.prosport.ltd.uk i always take my car there as they are a authorised subaru service centreand give great customer service. For the exhaust i have a blue flame system on mine i saw a gain of around 50bhp after removing the up pipe cat too. http://www.blueflameperformance.com/
Old 07 June 2010, 04:07 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kevaldo
Hello, I'm after some advice, I have a 2000 bug completely standard other than boost gauge. I'm after some advice basically. I want to get some more BHP out of it, i'm thinking of getting the following:

1) Full exhaust system (de-cat) anyone suggest any?
2) Air filter? Panel or induction kit?
3) Upgraded fuel pump?
4) STI TMIC
5) Remap (any recommendations i'm located in Preston North West)

What would the estimate BHP go to from that i want about 300ish?

Further down the line maybe some pink injectors and a VF35 or TD05 Turbo.

Thanks

Kev
i would fit the parts you already said plus a a decat up-pipe and also go for the pinks and the bigger turbo aswell, you are lucky were you live as there is andrew carr who practically lives on your doorstep, and he will map the car for you.
Old 07 June 2010, 07:43 PM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fred388
i have just got mine remapped from andy forrest, i have the wrx bugeye to, with walbro fuel pump,turbo back meercat exhaust,and a K&N pannel filter, i got 280bhp and 290torque,
i was told sti tmic and sti injectors and bigger turbo i would be seeing 320ish
i have a 2000 model wrx as kevaldo it already has a de cat down pipe stainless steel centre and rear so no centre and no down pipe cat,
it pulls but i have hardly any torque is this because of the decat and lack of back pressure steve
Old 07 June 2010, 08:56 PM
kevaldo
Scooby Regular

Stevie has it had a re-map? I want 300BHP ideally, then after i've got bored of that i'll upgrade the turbo and injectors. Also for a remap there Teg Motorsport who do all the rally cars. I love my WRX i'm trying to make it look how i want outside then go the engine as its booked in for a re-spray in a few weeks.
Old 07 June 2010, 09:08 PM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kevaldo
Stevie has it had a re-map? I want 300BHP ideally, then after i've got bored of that i'll upgrade the turbo and injectors. Also for a remap there Teg Motorsport who do all the rally cars. I love my WRX i'm trying to make it look how i want outside then go the engine as its booked in for a re-spray in a few weeks.
as far as i know it has not feels pretty standard not very torque'y does your pin you in your seat mine dont i might remove the decat put standard cat on,not sure what to do or just get a remapp!what boost is your car running standard out of intrest?

Last edited by stevie turbo; 07 June 2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08 June 2010, 11:27 AM
kevaldo
Scooby Regular

Its running 1bar according to the Boost gauge , it pins me in the seat, is yours a UK model? mines the jap one, the only was to find out i'm guessing is get it on a rolling road. I have always been told that you change anything on the car you need a re-map. My last pug 206 gti i had a performance exhaust on it and that changed all the fueling because it poped and banged like mad.