Decat Question

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2010, 09:50 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decat Question

Morning chaps,

Just got a quick question regarding the 2nd Cat.

If i was to replace it with a decat pipe would it affect any sensors and overfuell and start the cel light on the dashboard?

Its a 53 reg wrx completely standard, soon to have a prodrive backbox.

Thanks
Old 26 May 2010, 10:38 AM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

I take it you mean the 2nd cat after the turbo (all pre MY06 newage WRX's have 3 cats IIRC - one on the up-pipe, one on the down pipe and one on the centre section).

If it's the cat on the centre pipe then you should have no problems... I replaced the one on my old MY02 WRX with no problems. I also replaced the backbox with a Prodrive one, like you plan to... you'll also want a remap too fairly soon! ;o)

I notice you're from Reading... JGM (aka Jolly Green Monster) is doing a mapping session at Subaru4U in Newbury at the end of June with potential for a group buy discount if there are enough people - if you're interested, let me know.
Old 26 May 2010, 10:41 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gigsy
I take it you mean the 2nd cat after the turbo (all pre MY06 newage WRX's have 3 cats IIRC - one on the up-pipe, one on the down pipe and one on the centre section).

If it's the cat on the centre pipe then you should have no problems... I replaced the one on my old MY02 WRX with no problems. I also replaced the backbox with a Prodrive one, like you plan to... you'll also want a remap too fairly soon! ;o)

I notice you're from Reading... JGM (aka Jolly Green Monster) is doing a mapping session at Subaru4U in Newbury at the end of June with potential for a group buy discount if there are enough people - if you're interested, let me know.
I had the second cat delete fitted on its own and had no issues, I sometimes get the P00042 (I think) CEL now I have the sportcat fitted but that will be mapped out when I get a remap.

Which brings me onto the next thing, what are the details on this group mapping session Gigsy?
Old 26 May 2010, 11:00 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

cheers for the replies guys.

Gigsy - yes thats the one i mean't, attaches to the centre section. I didn't realise that the WRX's had an up-pipe?

Yeah the re-map will follow shortly but i have a wedding to pay for in June so that may be a bit soon. Or if the group buy is a good price then may have to file for a quick divorce ha ha

Keep me updated on the Re-map details and depending on the cost and date i may try and sneak it in!!
Old 26 May 2010, 11:27 AM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

Remap are happening on 30th June (poss. 29th too if there are enough people). It's a 10% discount depending on numbers. Prices vary depending on what you need but if it's a new map with EcuTek license then that will be £495 + VAT (including the discount).
Old 26 May 2010, 02:20 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gigsy
Remap are happening on 30th June (poss. 29th too if there are enough people). It's a 10% discount depending on numbers. Prices vary depending on what you need but if it's a new map with EcuTek license then that will be £495 + VAT (including the discount).
ok cheers.

Whens the latest i need to let you know by?
Old 26 May 2010, 02:31 PM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

Not sure TBH as I only spoke to JGM yesterday... in the next two or three weeks I'd guess, depends how quickly the slots fill up.
Old 26 May 2010, 02:38 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

ok no probs. I'll keep an eye out in the Group buy section