Notices

Looking for the oil change thread

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2010, 02:09 PM
f8rdy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for the oil change thread

Hello, im mid service on my bug-eye and looking for the thread on how to "prime" the engine oil before running.

I'm just trying to turn the engine over without the plugs in to build the pressure back up, ive pulled the ignition fuse and unplugged the fuel pump but when i crank it it turns over v.v. quickly asthough the starter is spinning but not ACTUALLY turning over. Im sure it will be ok with the fuse back in but dont want to risk ignition if theres still fuel hanging around in there.

Do i remember something about the 2 green connectors? if i put the fueses back and connect those together will that put it into test mode enabling me to turn it over to build pressure without starting?

Or have i got it right and i should just keep spinning it up until the oil light goes out? Just doesnt sound like its turning enough tospread the oil though.

Last edited by f8rdy; 25 May 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 25 May 2010, 03:03 PM
mozzerscoob
Scooby Regular

when you say turning it over with no plugs you mean spark plugs or electrical plugs ? If the spark plugs have been removed your engine will not build up compression so will turn quickly. All you need to do is fill the oil filter with oil before fitting and fill the engine with oil and disconnect the crank sensor under the alternator while turning engine over on the key to prime the system before initial starting.
Old 25 May 2010, 03:34 PM
f8rdy
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply, i found the thread also.

fingers crossed its all ok

timing belt next