Notices

Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2010, 02:29 PM
d.a.elec
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm problem

can any one help me with my sigma alarm ???????????????????????
Old 13 May 2010, 02:42 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes.
Old 13 May 2010, 02:54 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

On the basis of the information above, no. If you want help here you're going to have to give us something to go on.
Old 13 May 2010, 02:58 PM
harrisonl84
Scooby Regular

cool sounds like i found my happy medium now to get the cash together!
Old 13 May 2010, 02:58 PM
harrisonl84
Scooby Regular

sorry wrong post hahaha
Old 16 May 2010, 05:09 PM
d.a.elec
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for replying ppl.... right basicaly i have a 99 impreza turbo 2000 which i sent in the body shop at xmas to have sum minor body repair done. whilst the car was in my brother in laws garage..... he decide to put my FOB in the "microwave" dont ask me why .... but he did (apparently to put a bit of life in the battery)
so now luckily the car was open and not locked... but theres no light coming from the fob when pressed... ive changed the batterys and still nothing. so now my car is sat in a garage and wont start. ive been to my local subaru dealer and got the origonal code for the keypad (glovebox) ive tried this code and still nothing... soon as i connect the positive on the battery the alarm starts going off.. and with the key in the ignition nothing... altho for sum reason when the keys in the ignition all the lights on the dash are on and im able to use my indicators/heaters. as normally you couldnt do this untill you had press the fob once key was in ignition... its like the immob isnt on but is if you know what i mean.... ive thought bout the easies way round it and its getting annoying now having my car there and unable to drive... subaru will issue me a new fob and re program it to the car... for around £75 but need to get car down to garage.. or i was going to buy a black box and fob off ebay and hope that plugging the box in will work... is it as easy as that or does the box need coding to the car ? sorry to wreck your ead ppl lol but lost on this one... with the ignition ligts on the dash my mate seems to think it will bump
thanks for any help people will be much appreciated.... Danny...
Old 16 May 2010, 05:30 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Forget trying to bump start it, the alarm will be immobilising it.

Your brother in law is clearly a complete fecking idiot so I would be more than a little worried about having your car worked on by someone who thinks that exposing electronic components to concentrated microwave energy is going to do anything good to them. Anyway...

As far as restoring the alarm to functional condition, have you only got the one fob? I'm guessing so as if you had a spare, all you would have to do is use that one to unlock the car.

Subaru may have given you the original code, but there's nothing to stop a prior owner changing it - assuming of course you haven't had the car from new.

You clearly need at least one M30-compatible fob, which you will need to teach your alarm to accept. However before you can do that you'll need to gain access to it via the keypad. Your best option would be to pop over to the SIDC forums and look at Sigma Sam's posts. I suspect you will need to call in a Sigma-approved fitter to reset the PIN code and get you back access to the alarm - although if it is in its armed state, that might not be possible, and in these circumstances you may need a replacement control unit. Either way you are guaranteed to find a post on Sam's threads which will give you the relevant information so that's the best place to start.

Incidentally, when your brother in law zapped your fob, did he take it off the keyring, or did your key go in the microwave too? If it did, it's also highly likely that he's also fritzed the transponder that operates the OE immobiliser. Under these circumstances you may find that the car still won't start even if the alarm gets fixed - and will need new transponder (and/or new key) and a Subaru dealer to reprogram it.

Trending Topics

Old 16 May 2010, 08:04 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

easy answer is too rip it out and have new alarm fitted the sigma is a poor alarm at the best of times, the immob cuts are fuel and starter or ign and starter, i wouldn't waste a penny on it mate, i have been fitting alarms for over 15 years now, every scoob i do the factory sigma comes off, as for replacement thats up to you, if you need a cat 1 for insurance then go for a hornet maxx 1 expect to pay around 225~279 for it, as for an answer to your problem it's how long is a peice of string,

don't buy 2nd hand alarm unit of ebay thats a waste of time also,

Mark