trying to find cause of overboosting/missfire

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2010, 07:30 PM
trio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to find cause of overboosting/missfire

Hi

After having a remap last week i now have overboosting/missfire, i currently have a mechanical boost controller fitted, limiting the boost to 1.4 bar which seems to have stopped the overboosting but it has'nt found the problem.

Ive searched the forum and done a few checks with the info i found, ive checked all the vac pipes and all seem to be ok, next i was going to clean the boost control solenoid, but my car being a v6 type r is different to the how to guide that i found on the tech forum.

Next i was going to test the actuator but im unsure at what point/ pressure the actuator arm should start to operate? can anyone advise me on this?

Im guseeing there cant be too many things to cause over boosting on the standard setup when its been mapped correctly on a rolling road, im thinking either the two electrical boxes that some of the vac pipes connect to, which are fixed to the wing are buggered, or the actuator isnt functioning properly.

Can anybody give me any more pointers?

Last thing when the overboosting was at it worst, i was seeing 1.7 bar and fuel cutting, is hitting the fuel cut bad news for my brand spanking new forged engine?

its a bit frustrating when i just spent a load on a new engine, and finally have it mapped to find out its still not running as it should.

All help much appreciated

Thanks Tristan
Old 08 April 2010, 08:34 PM
chrisUK300
Scooby Regular

Take it back to the mapper and get them to sort it out
Old 08 April 2010, 10:17 PM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

If its only been mapped only on the RR then this will probably be the issue. You will have more load on the engine on the road and hence reach a higher boost level.

Take it back to the mapper and im sure they will sort it.