Notices

New subaru wrx sti with few problems. Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2010, 05:38 PM
blue00
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New subaru wrx sti with few problems. Can anyone help?

I have just bought a second hand 54 reg wrx sti subaru impreza and i have a few problems with it. Can anyone help?

1. Whilst having a look at the intercooler water spray system i couldn't find the water bottle for it and the water pipe just sticks out by the inlet in the bonnet. Its like a small hose pipe if you get me i.e there is no mist which is what i was expecting. it looks like there is something missing??

2. It has a clifford anti hijack system upgrade. Do you know where i can download a manual as on the fob there is only one button working out of about 5???

3. the clifford fob, which i use to lock the car doesn't make the car make a noise so i don't know if i am locking or unlocking the car from a distance??

4. there is a clifford led holder in the centre of the front seats which flashes (blue), but next to it is an unmarked switch with two small buttons like a tv remote control, but i don't know what they do?? One looks like it has a bulb emblem on it??

5. Wheel studs are rusting is this normal? The car has the gold wheels?

6. The remote locking button on the key its self doesnt work. Is this because i have the clifford anti hijack upgrade?

7. the car has no spare clifford fob or key. where is a good place to get these?

8. can i run the car on normal unleaded or do i need to use the better spec unleaded?

9. the radio seams to be really tinny (noise) is this normal. I have checked the base settings etc but it makes it sound worse i sounds like only the tweeters are working?

The car is in really good nick, but just has these problems. I don't like not knowing stuff about my car. I am still waiting to get the manual for the car hense some pretty daft questions.

Thanks for your help Blue
Old 17 February 2010, 05:53 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the water bottle for the intercooler is in the boot mate, so but cant be much help regarding your questions about the alarm though.
Old 17 February 2010, 05:54 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

1. The bottle for the water spray is in the boot on MY 51 plate on the right hand side, there is a cover you lift to get to fill it. If not you are looking for a blue cap in the engine bay.
2. Think you will have to take it to a Clifford dealer to get them to plug the computer in to get the model details.
3. With the manual it will explain how to turn the bleep on or off. If this does not work it is a sign that the backup battery in the siren is F'ed just like mine. have got a new siren just need time to fit the thing.
4. The pin switch is used to enter the security code into the alarm for adjusting certain aspects or if the keyfob is not working to allow you to overide the alarm. Did you get the car privately or trade, as the owner should have given you the code. If from a garage get them to sort it all out.
5. They get hit by stones worn by sockets taking off or putting the wheels on so the chrome finish will get worn and they start to rust.
6. It probably means the battery in the keyfob is dead or has been removed, I can lock mine by the alarm or the key fob.
7. You can get them from a clifford dealer but you NEED to quickly get the alarm to only accept your key fob.
8. SUPER UNLEADED ONLY.
9. Could be the speakers are dead.

I have a 51 plate STi with Clifford 600 alarm so have had issues, you say it has a blue LED which could mean it has a G5 series alarm or smeone has done what I am doing, switching the red LED for a blue one. Idea being anyone looking will think it has the latest alarm fitted.
Hope thishas helped. Steve
Old 17 February 2010, 06:03 PM
blue00
Scooby Regular

Thanks steve this is a good start. I bought the car from a trader "Graheme Walkers" in Chester. I am a bit dissapointed so far tbh. Not with the car though with the dealer!!

When is the best time to press the intercooler spray button too?

What is a good dump valve to fit?? And can i do it myself? i aint stuppid and have done a bit with engines just never a turbo?

Wanna change the rear box too as it has the standard wrx sti box and it sounds flat. I can hardly hear the "subaru noise" lol any good ones to get. I would rather not spend a foortune?? I live not far from Demon Tweeks but they have quoted me £367 for a scorpion one. Seams to be a bit high for a rear box with 4 inch outlet?
Old 17 February 2010, 06:12 PM
tomdscooby
Scooby Regular

leave the standard dump valve on or it'll run worse with a vent to atmosphere(woosh) type.
Old 17 February 2010, 08:41 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Before I fitted my front mount I would tend to use it whilst sitting in traffic or just after coming out of slow moving traffic to aid the cooling. From what I have seen on various forums a number of engine failures that seemed to be due t heat soak to the intercooler. All I can think is the heat soak reduced the density of the air. Fo the back box look through the private sales on here or SIDC or post a thread in the wanted. Also look at Scoobyworld, Scooyclinic or any other trader on here. Scoobyclinic do pre-owned so could save you some cash there.

Last edited by 360ste; 17 February 2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 19 February 2010, 04:14 PM
soprano29
Scooby Regular

the buttons next to the led are what you ll need to set the alarm to beep when you arm it .you ll need the code for the alarm though and a manual(sorry i cant help with this)i have done it myself though thats how i know. the speakers are crap but replacing them is also a problem because the spacer required to fit afetrmarket speakers cause the new speakers to hit the doorcards.i have just done this myself and its very annoying.£367 is a lot for a back box. i got mine from tuningpartsbay on ebay.needed a bit of fettling to make it fit perfect but the sound is great!!!!!!!!!!
again,super unleaded only!!!!!!!!