Notices

refited engine wont start hellllppppp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2010, 07:30 PM
scooby1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default refited engine wont start hellllppppp!!!

HI all!! i have finally got my new engine fitted into my 98 plate uk 2000 ( i have fitted exactly the same engine again) and my problem is, is that there is no power?? i.e i turn the key and am getting no power output whatsoever, no dash lights nothing its dead!!! As far as am aware all the wires sensors etc are plugged in and the ecu i cant understand why am getting no power out put is there something that am missing?? can someone plz shed some light on this situation for me plz as am totally baffled with this one
Old 27 January 2010, 07:34 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there power to the rest of Aux's on the vehicle?
Old 27 January 2010, 07:37 PM
scooby1982
Scooby Regular

Nothing mate, like i say all the power is devoid, i have checked the battery and it cant be this as it has charge in it??
Old 27 January 2010, 07:47 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby1982
Nothing mate, like i say all the power is devoid, i have checked the battery and it cant be this as it has charge in it??
Im not sure on the Electrics side of things as i have a mte whos auto-eleci, but i suspect there is a master fuse somehwere? Have you done all the work yourself on the car, or has someone else been involved that could have isolated it during the transplant?
Old 27 January 2010, 07:54 PM
scooby1982
Scooby Regular

Me and my father have done the enigne transplant together mate
Old 27 January 2010, 07:56 PM
m456vdm
Scooby Regular

sounds like a earth problem, make sure all the wires to starter motor and alternator are secure and check that the earth leads are clean and tight, also maybe put battery on charge over night just to make sure its fully charged.
Old 27 January 2010, 07:58 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby1982
You're giving us next to no opportunity to help you on the basis of the information (not) provided. Is the interior light coming on, for instance? Any illumination at all on the dashboard?

TBH you're largely wasting both your time and ours asking about this issue here.

If you're savvy enough to remove and refit an engine, and to work out that the battery has voltage in it, then you are more than skilled to grab yourself a multimeter and work out where power is going, and where it isn't. Between the two you'll find the fault.

That's the best and most efficient way forward here. As M456 says it's probably something pretty obvious.
Old 27 January 2010, 08:03 PM
scooby1982
Scooby Regular

Splitpin as above there is no power whatsoever mate lights in car, dash etc, using the multimeter was our next step but before doing so i wondered if there was any other explanation before going down that route hence the posting just making sure that i had not forgot anything silly bud.
Old 27 January 2010, 08:07 PM
m456vdm
Scooby Regular

try putting the hazard lights on if they dont work then the only thing its most likely to be is a flat battery or you have forgot to put a earth lead on somewhere. have you got a battery off another car that you know is in good working order? put that on just to try.
good luck
Old 27 January 2010, 08:41 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by m456vdm
try putting the hazard lights on if they dont work then the only thing its most likely to be is a flat battery or you have forgot to put a earth lead on somewhere. have you got a battery off another car that you know is in good working order? put that on just to try.
good luck
I know this may sound stupid, but a jump pack or jump leads maybe?? Then you know current is getting through to ellimate the battery side of things although you say the battery has charge it doesn mean itt in good nic. if there is nothing here, not even a click or beep from the alarm etc then i think the above have the answer mate.

Failing that get an auto elctrician round, im sure he'll tell you within minutes at a 1 hourly rate call out fee minimum (£30+).

Rob
Old 27 January 2010, 09:49 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

check the fuse box under the hood , chech that the 2 points on the bottom of the fuse box are linked with a wire ( yes ! a wire ! ) the wire should be black with 2 spade ends , i disconnect this at night and it cuts the whole power to the car , if its not in there the bridge them together with a very thick piece of wire with spades crimped on the end mate ? u can see it her at the bottom of the three red relays

take that wire out and u will get no power at all