Notices

SOS HELP HELP HELP SMOKE EVERYWHERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2010, 09:46 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SOS HELP HELP HELP SMOKE EVERYWHERE!!

DISASTER HAS STRUCK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: o:razz ::ra zz:

Took scoob for ride today just pulled on to M1 junction 15a then by juntion 20 Leicester there was smock bellowing out the back all over the motorway have seen that there was all oil coming out of BOV other than that the car seemed ok the engine light was on and a red key shaped light flashing oil light briefly came on aswell.

The AA have recovered the car to Api but has any one got any ideas AA man thinks it maybe the turbo gone or the manifold or a gaskett!!! maybe he just didnt no and did state "i just dont like working on these it takes me hours to strip em down then we wont have the parts" but they have been brill all day!!

Has any one had the same or any ideas really worried about cost and car!!??!!??!!?!?!?!

:e ek2::eek 2:
Old 24 January 2010, 09:48 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Sorry peeps for got to ask if there is any supermen out there lol

And just wanted to say thanks in advance to any one with any ideas
Old 24 January 2010, 09:56 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh dont like the sound of the oil light coming on let API check it out for you first, could be minor or major, without actually being there its all guess work.

Tony
Old 24 January 2010, 10:35 PM
Deano1565
Scooby Regular

I may be wrong but would a failed oil seal on the compressor side of the turbo not cause the above symptoms? I may be talkin out my **** but pretty sure it would!
Old 24 January 2010, 10:44 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Cheers Deano really am hoping that it is something like that!!
Old 24 January 2010, 10:50 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

I read your other post, think your bill maybe a little big
Old 24 January 2010, 10:53 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

cheers Mr Burns still what does Terminal mean???
Old 24 January 2010, 11:30 PM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

BIG BIG BILL i think.
Old 24 January 2010, 11:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

With the mods you have, figure out you have lost oil due to some form of failure, maybe a piston has melted, that may be your issue, let API look but I wouldnt hold my breath that its something small, oil warning light comes on and its normally because its dumped it

Tony

PS, Terminal means not repairable without replacing part(s)
Old 24 January 2010, 11:54 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony do no that what ever it is David is the man just really concerned.

Given worst case scenario what do you think the damage will be as will be going to see the bank manager in the morn for some financial diagnosis.
Old 24 January 2010, 11:59 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Chances are you have holed a piston, maybe less, maybe worse, top end case would be a full engine rebuild
On the bright side, its an opportunity to replace all the internals cost wise, you will have to ask David about that, but he has done a few big builds before, but running a full decat without a remap on a new age sti isnt a good idea as they det and boost spike

Tony
Old 25 January 2010, 12:18 AM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Red face

Tony you been a star thanks mate at least im getting some sort of idea now!! So with any luck it could be a gaskett gone but very possible that may need a whole engine rebuild or in the middle is a turbo replacement which i wanted doing anyway this feels like Top Middle or Bottom with Barrymore (strike it lucky) fingers crossed and thanks
Old 25 January 2010, 07:31 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm - oil light normally is engine dead light.

Any knocking noises to accompany the smoke?
Old 25 January 2010, 10:19 AM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

No knocking noises mate car seemed fine other than lights on dash and smoke cant only other thing i could see was the oil that had come from the bov no splitts no rattling no oil underneath small amount of oil may of come from exhaust (not to sure if it was general waste from engine there was such a small amount)
Old 25 January 2010, 01:24 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

ok a small update when the guys arrived at work this morning (APi) they tell me that under the car was loads of oil and think the oil filter had come off and was maybe inadaquite for the job!! The filter had been fitted by the previous owner and with all the floods and water and snow and all the other sh&te this may of contributed to the problem.

But now David is going to have his guys strip it all down and find out what the damage is and i no its in safe hands. Go easy on me David there is a recession on you no!!! lol cant resist it some times

And thanks to David @ Api and his team who have already been really helpful and understanding!!
Old 25 January 2010, 05:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Best of luck hopefully it wont be too serious

Tony
Old 25 January 2010, 07:13 PM
johngoulding
Scooby Regular

had this once , turned out to be a bad piston ( the skirt had melted ) but u would feel the power loss big time and it would prob idle rough

turbo imho
Old 25 January 2010, 10:44 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

BIG update,
Have been to API today the oil filter had worked its way loose and was proberly ****e from Halfords anyway. Some ring had come loose and blu the lil Feking filter off, dumping oil and causing untold damage. As above was not fitted by me but previous owner. David has suggested that he will have to strip engine down to check for any further damage and whilst there we have agreed that while stripped down he will do a full rebuild for me using forged pistons new crank shaft and rods the bad news is its going to take about a month to get my baby back and we are hoping that the turbo is fine, fingers legs toes and any hairs ive got left crossed.

Big thanks to David who sat down with me for well over an hour after work today doing a consultation and discussing the problems and finding any silver lining that was possible in this blooming mess. But do feel a lot happier now noing that when my car comes back it will be better and stronger than ever and ready for any mods or upgrades that i may wont to do in the future.....

On the sad side when i bought the car in october the guy i bought it from was "in the no" about scoobys and Evos and carried out all his own work on them what a mistake to make!! I hope other can learn from this. Ive had the car 4months and it has been driven about once a week ever since, as i work away mon to fri and have normally got the kids and wife in it on a sat afternoon so never really thrashed it. Since i bought it 4 months ago ive had to have a new clutch again broke down again! Then API looked at and said it will need a new fly wheel too and showed me the blisters on the old one. Now its a full rebuild Because of a ****y oil filter, Although ive taken these opportunitys to keep the mods going the way i wanted to its not on that a guy filled me with ****e to sell me a car that was feked.My advice to anyone out there thinking of doing the same should only buy from a trader that has a reputation such as Davids. You might spend a little more but at least you no what your getting and will get what you pay for.................................:cry :
Old 05 March 2010, 10:30 PM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Hi all,
For any that are interested only 1 week left till i get my scoob back and cant wait as above have had a little extra work done just cus it was there!!!! (dont tell the wife) Apparently the engine is built and waiting to go back in the car, and mapped next week pick up on sat morn YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As above the engine will come back with forged pistons, nitrated crank, steel cons, the few extras are simtek remap, new 300 fuel pump, fuel pressure reg,tubular headers all heat wrapped!! I also bought a few extras from you guys on scoobynet like a cf bonnet hks turbo timer and DV from Sang, and a Andy F Td05 and harvey smith up pipe from Manz dazz cheers guys!!!!! Oh and saving the best for last a set of Rota fighter black chrome 18x9.5 with 235 40 18s on thanks to Bockett for all the info he gave me and the wheels from Driftworks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for any help pm replies and ur Time
Every cloud has a silver lining and all that jazz just cant wait to get her back now!!!!
Old 06 March 2010, 12:27 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You sound like you're buzzing your **** off to get back in her (oo-er)! And wouldn't we all, wouldn't we all!

Please, for your own sanity, restrain yourself, and make sure you run her in properly!..........

Last edited by joz8968; 06 March 2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07 March 2010, 12:16 AM
shaggydabbydoo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Will do mate i shall teach her gently, like all good women if u lay right first time, u can walk all over them for the rest of there life!!!!! lol
Old 07 March 2010, 12:34 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hoot.