Engine warning light - P0031

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 08:45 PM
Bluewrecks
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine warning light - P0031

Hi All

First post here as I'm only a week into owning a 2001 bug-eye WRX!

Took the car from Surrey to the in-laws down in Devon, and on the way back it chucked up the orange engine warning light. Stopped at an indy garage in Hampshire where they hooked it up to the some diagnostics.

On the print out that the guy gave me it shows P0031 as the fault code, and then H02S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank1 Sensor1). I don't really know what that means , but the garage said it was something to do with the Lambda sensor.

At the risk of opening a can of worms, is it a serious problem and something I should get done asap, is it an expensive fix and is it something worth trying to fix at home? I'm based in Epsom in Surrey, so Cheam Subaru is my local dealer.

Apart from that, loving the car and just keen to find out as much as I can and meet up with a few other owners.

Any thoughts on the fault code greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Bluewrecks
Old 30 December 2009, 08:50 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's the sensor in the exhaust just after the front corner on the drivers side and the wire goes up to a metal bracket bolted to cylinder 3 coil pack and then to a plug on the drivers side suspension turret.
it's the sensor that deals with the fuelling for the car so quite an important one but that means it's also expensive as well!!