Notices

Changing twin scroll to single scroll

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2009, 06:05 PM
allza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing twin scroll to single scroll

Will I be able to run single scroll headers and up pipe on my twinscroll car? I will be changing turbo and downpipe to match too. Only reason I ask is because I know the sumps are different and you cant fit twinscroll headers to a single scroll but will it be fine the other way around? I miss the burble to much! Many thanks.
Old 17 July 2009, 09:41 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

All you need is the headers, up pipe and down pipe. Make sure you get the down pipe from a classic car as its the right one for a JDM and will be nice and cheap Mine is a JDM car but I switched to single scroll years ago
Old 17 July 2009, 09:52 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by allza
Will I be able to run single scroll headers and up pipe on my twinscroll car? I will be changing turbo and downpipe to match too. Only reason I ask is because I know the sumps are different and you cant fit twinscroll headers to a single scroll but will it be fine the other way around? I miss the burble to much! Many thanks.
Sell the car and buy a UK one, its much easier and it gives the next owner of the JDM a bigger smile
After you have done it is when you will start to regret it, the power band on a lightly modded (sub 420bhp unlike steves ) is not as good as that of a twin scroll unit, neither is the way it delivers the power, so really you are taking a step (or 4) backwards.

Tony

PS, it will effect the resale value of a JDM car if you go single scroll as people will want the car for the twin scroll and will shy away from what is not desirable on it (and you will lose money )