Notices

What happened? Scoob now feels laggy?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2009, 04:22 PM
AkCustomz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened? Scoob now feels laggy?!?

I recentley managed to do an engine swap on my scoob as the last one let a valve go and the change was a success. The replacement engine only needed headgaskets and had a check over and all was fine. Anyway I drove the car round and it seemed to pull even better than the last one did and obviously i was happy with this but then i started to notice it missfire. Eventually found out that i broke a vacum line to the fuel pressure regulator so i ran a new line from that straight to the inlet manifold instead of taking it all out again. This seems to have cured the problem but now i noticed at pulling away from standstill its very laggy and doesnt have the same power im used too, but once it gets up higher revs it seems ok.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? would it be because of the shorter lenght i have running from the vacum line on the regualtor make a difference?

Also i have noticed with my old engine the temp gauge used to sit just below halfway and stay at that but now with this engine it seems to sit slight lower and drop down to 1/4 and then back up to 3/8 and between? could this be the cause aswell?

Any advice would be truly appreciated! Thanks Alan

Last edited by AkCustomz; 10 April 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10 April 2009, 08:03 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

possible air leak?