please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2009, 02:34 AM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone !!!

i have a bit of dilema here , i instaleed a 1992 sti harness and engine tranny in my 2004 2.0GX NO turbo .

now the car does not put like it should it has a ECU 6K it boost like 9 PSI more less TD05 turbo 3 inch down pipe catless frontal intercooler i racea audi tt 2008 and we run just about same TT bit faster ( i should be faster right ).

my injector are grey 440 i think , RPM goes to 7000 but it seems that it looses power after 6000 RPM some one told me that my car should be way faster ... what could be wrong ? ohh my fuel pump is a factory WRX turbo.
should i get 550 injectors a bigger fuel pump ?

Last edited by jayparot; 22 January 2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: adding more questions
Old 22 January 2009, 07:02 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grey injectors are 380cc.
6K ecu max boost 0.94bar some early ecus held boost to redline some didn't.

9psi is about 0.6 bar so i would guess that you may have something phsically wrong (leak ,weak actuator etc).
Old 25 January 2009, 05:33 PM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

well the car has power to 5500 rpm then feels like it´s running lean or something like that but it does not detonate or nothing like i check all over and nothing . where are the actuators ?
Old 25 January 2009, 05:34 PM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

i just bought some yellow injectors let see if helps . mean time what do you guys think ?
Old 25 January 2009, 06:31 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Might be worth a rolling road run to see whats what.
Old 25 January 2009, 06:45 PM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

anyone can actually give me some advise or sugestions ,?????
Old 25 January 2009, 07:56 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Well 440cc will not help as the ecu map was for 380s only so when you start coming onto boost all you will be doing is dumping fuel out the exhaust in big black clouds.

This is the actuator (on this turbo not adjustable)

Unfortunately it is hard to diagnose faults like this over the net as suggested previously you need to take it to a good rolling road so you can actually see what is going on (i.e. an actual rolling road graph)

Closer to Chile is North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club so someone on their may have done the same conversion you've done.

Trending Topics

Old 27 January 2009, 01:47 PM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

****!!!!!!!!! now a rod bearing went !!!!!!!!!!!! so i'm taking the motor apart
but one thing i notice was when i turn my winshield wipers on , my speedo and gas gauge turn off so my whole problem might be electrical after all so i hope not , here in chile there not many DYNO machines so it might be hard to find one .... buty hey if u can think of anything just tell me so i can try it !!!!!

Thanks guys

ps: i'm not sure what sizes injectors this car came with thats why i ask if it might be a good idea to get yellow ones .

Last edited by jayparot; 27 January 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09 April 2009, 01:35 AM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

guys about to solve everything got me an apexi ECU with a controller and yellow injectors plus rebuilt the engine !! how much are the yellow injectors 440 or 550 ? also my TD05 has actuator adjusting screew so i can raise or lower the boost , now where the MAP goes and ignition there is a cilinder with 3 vacum entrys that goes conected to the actuator and turbo does anyone know how to connect the vacum lines to it (or can i run it disconnected?)

What if i dont use this ?

just control boost with the actuator ?

Last edited by jayparot; 09 April 2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: adding
Old 09 April 2009, 07:10 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

yellow = 440cc

Boost Solenoid Plumbing
Old 09 April 2009, 04:02 PM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

Thanks !!!!
just one question i dont have the the bottom hose which contains a small brass restrictor (with 2mm hole). If this is missing or venting to atmosphere then Boost will 'Spike' and can lead to fuel-cut (very violent cut-out)

So if i put a hose with a brass restrictor venting to the atmosphere (dont have the resonator air intake box ) it will work same ? o do i have to insert it on the tubing i did going to the turbo inlet ?
?

What if i dont use this ?

just control boost with the actuator ?

Last edited by jayparot; 09 April 2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 27 April 2009, 02:28 AM
jayparot
Scooby Regular

guys HELP HELP PLZ

I GOT MY APEXI FC CONTROLLER ECU , NICE ECU I CAN RUN UP TO 10 PSI NO PROBLEM BUT WHEN I GO MORE BOOST IT JUST BACKS FIRE FROM THE INTAKE OR HITS LIKE A REV LIMITER AND WONT GO ANY WHERE I HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THE Z4 ECU ALSO , I DUNNO WHAT TO DO I RACE ON THURSDAY BUT WITH ONLY 10 PSI WONT DO MUCH ON THE 1/4 MILLE WHAT COULD BE DOINF THIS I RASE FUEL Y LOWER FUEL Y ADVANCE AND RETARD TIMMING AND NOTHING COULD IT BE THE CRANK SENSOR OR CAM SENSOR ?
IT FEELS LIKE ITS SHORT OF ELECTRICITY OR SOMETHING .... I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO . MY CAR HAS A 1995 WRX STI HARNNES FRONTAL INTERCOOLER YELLOW INJECTORS , METHANOL INJECTION ,HEADERS 3" CATLESS EXAUST PIPE , TD05 TURBO