Notices

clutch wont bleed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2008, 05:59 PM
Ows
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch wont bleed!!!

what am i doing wrong iv tryed bleeding the clutch with it in place, then for somr reason i pulled the slave off its mountings, then the damn piston came out and fluid went everywhere, put the piston back (is this ok to do) now i put it back on i keep doing the bleeding thing and it still sdicks half way!do you think my slaves nakerd? or can it take hours to bleed the damn thing, problem is the clutch pedal gose down then stopes half way then you get your foot under it and it springs back up!
Old 17 October 2008, 06:17 PM
Devious
Scooby Regular

it is a possibility the slave cylinder has seen better days.... but are you bleeding it with the slave attached to the gear box still? if so there will be air still at the one end. remove the slave. and point upwards so all air will be removed from slave. if left attached to gear box. it will never bleed fully....

Try that..
Old 17 October 2008, 06:22 PM
Ows
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devious
it is a possibility the slave cylinder has seen better days.... but are you bleeding it with the slave attached to the gear box still? if so there will be air still at the one end. remove the slave. and point upwards so all air will be removed from slave. if left attached to gear box. it will never bleed fully....

Try that..
booom scoobynet dose it again, its still attached, so when i remov it i presum i need to clamp the thing together so the piston dont come out?then bleed it with the nipple pointing up( )

cheers
Old 17 October 2008, 08:44 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

I told you to do that 3 days ago!!!!!!!
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...se-issues.html
Old 18 October 2008, 09:31 AM
Ows
Scooby Regular

sory mate, i dont have internet at home and had forgoten about that post, good tip about the runing on all cylinders, ill have to chek it out, how can i test im runing on all four?cuse the nois is realy buging me, w what would hapen if the injectors were pluged in the wrong way round? it wouldn run would it?

enyway, thank you to the both of you iv managed to get the clutch done, took it of and blead it like that, now the clutch is spot on.

cheers
Old 18 October 2008, 11:24 AM
mit
Scooby Regular

It would still run,if you swoped injector connectors,or coil pack connectors,but it wouldn't drive well at all!!
The coil pack connectors are coloured,black at the back,grey at the front.Same for the injectors,dark grey ta the back,light grey at the front.
While the engines running,try disconnecting either a plug or injector at a time,see if they make it run any worse.If theres no change for one ore more,then you have a problem with that cylinder.Could be no spark,fuel or loss of compression etc.

Mit
Old 18 October 2008, 11:53 AM
Ows
Scooby Regular

cheers mate, ill giv that as go and report back tonight, haha, im thinking aswel would either a dodgy or a dogy mounted knock sensor send the timing out and make it knock, cus it sounjds like somebody smacking a ruller on a desk quite quickly!haha, it dose go sliiightly quieter when its warm.

cheers far the help.
Old 18 October 2008, 01:26 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

That almost sound like you have an exhaust leak. As the headers connect to the heads,it can sound like a loud clacking sort of noise.Also check the turbo gaskets,i had one of these go,sounded awfull!!