Notices

Lumpy idle.

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2008, 11:13 AM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumpy idle.

The story is, i had a Greddy BOV on my 05 wrx ppp, everything was fine, managed to get hold of a HKS SSQV ver2 so i fitted it and took the car for a spin, at idle the rpm was dropping out trying to stall then catching itself just before it stalled also was running rich, looked like a vacuum problem. so put the Greddy BOV back on, problem was still there, after playing with the vacuum hoses it seemed to be ok with th Greddy valve, so put the HKS back on and i had the same problem again, maybe the HKS need adjusting somehow anyhow yesterday driving about with the Greddy BOV everthing was ok, went out today and now the idle is lumpy again like before, also in 1st gear i can get boost up to 1.5bar but in 2nd gear it only gets up to 0.5bar, ive also noticed the engine seems very hot to touch but the temp gauge seems ok, after normal driving and letting the car sit for 30mins to cool of if you touch the intercooler it seems very hot, and the air box and inlet to the turbo are nearly burny hot to touch after the 30mins to cool of, dont know if this is me just paranoid now or if its part of the problem. can anyone help give me some advice where to start looking. please