Notices

remap on an 94-95 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2008, 01:18 PM
doshwrx2007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remap on an 94-95 wrx

think its time to remap my car but was wondering what sort of gains i was looking at ,

it made 235.4 standard but am thinking of a full ecu upgrade fuel pump and full decat pipe , just wondering if its worth the money cheers.
Old 20 March 2008, 01:32 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Yep, worth the money, you will find the car is more economical (doesnt make sense I know but its true)

If the car has the td05 then you should be able to get close to 300 with your planned mods. Any more power and you would need to look at either bigger injectors or adjustable presure regulator, and also a different topmount from a later car or move to a front mount.
Old 20 March 2008, 03:11 PM
doshwrx2007
Scooby Regular

cheers jay was thinking around that amount

does it really make it more economical

was quoted around a grand to supply and carry out the work from cas motorsport which is just down the road from me here on the wiiral.
Old 20 March 2008, 03:40 PM
renno rannes
Scooby Regular

ESL map maybe, then pump , regulator , decat would be nice.
Old 20 March 2008, 03:53 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by doshwrx2007
does it really make it more economical

was quoted around a grand to supply and carry out the work from cas motorsport which is just down the road from me here on the wiiral.
Yes off boost driving is greatly improved, adn even on boost driving can show an improvement.

Fot a lot less than a grand you could even opt for a scoobyecu if you can find 1, a esl ecu and get your other mods done and that would be a lot less than a grand. Could spend the difference then on handling mods.

What you need to do is decide what you want for your long term power goals. If you think in the future you will want more (general consensous says you will ) then plan your mods on your long term goals

A decat in my opinion is the first thing, combine this with a good panel filter (green have a good rep) and a new fuel pump (yours could be getting tired now),

Thats what you need for definite. If you decide you want to add on in the future to your mods, then a programmable ecu is what you would ideally need, the likes of power fc, esl live board, sigma.

The sigma is expensive compared to the other 2, however for the options it gives you I think it will be a big success. When I get another scoob (classic) I will probably go down the sigma route. (used to have a scoob with the powerfc)