Notices

classic import question

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2008, 01:41 PM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default classic import question

ive got an impreza wrx import that has 73000 on the clock. one previous mot states this mileage is in kilometres, the other in miles...how on earth do i confirm this? cant drive it at the moment otherwise id do a road test. the clock has 180 and is def in mph. ive attached a pic as well.... although dunno if it'll show

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Offshore Sculptures\Desktop\ROD\new scoob pics\IMG_1091.jpg[/IMG]
Old 19 March 2008, 01:50 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

a road test wont confirm if it is kilometres or miles, it will only tell you how it drives, you can have a low mileage that drives like a dog or a high mileage that drives as though it is fresh from the factory.

There is a check you can do for imported vehicles but I dont know if it can be done once the car is here only when its on route, I will try to find the name of it and let you know.

So if im reading you correctly you have more than 1 mot cert? Assuming the car has a converter on it the first test could be done pre converted (first mot as soon as it hits these shores), so the mot station may have been kind and put down kilometres, the second mot (after conversion) the odometer will read miles but it doesnt account for how many of those were km if you see what I mean?

So you could say the difference from cert 1 to 2 is miles and you could work out the reading on cert one by converting that into miles and that will give you your mileage.

Mot stations though will just log down what they see. Its a pain with having a imprt car (depending on model of course)
Old 19 March 2008, 02:27 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rodgtt
ive got an impreza wrx import that has 73000 on the clock. one previous mot states this mileage is in kilometres, the other in miles...how on earth do i confirm this? cant drive it at the moment otherwise id do a road test. the clock has 180 and is def in mph. ive attached a pic as well.... although dunno if it'll show

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Offshore Sculptures\Desktop\ROD\new scoob pics\IMG_1091.jpg[/IMG]

to post piccies you need a photobucket or imageshack acoount (it's free) upload to their website,then copy the 'IMG code' into the post and the picture should appear)
Old 19 March 2008, 02:27 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

Reset you odometer and get a mate to do the same behind you, drive for a mile on the odometer and if your mates is the same it'll be miles if not, km.
Old 19 March 2008, 10:54 PM
rodgtt
Scooby Regular

what i meant by that 'road test' was exactly what weeebell is saying about reseting the odometer and figuring it out myself. will try that when its on the road. thanks all and i will have a lot at the mot's tonight see if i can work it out
Old 19 March 2008, 10:59 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

My import has a speedo in miles and a odometer in KM's.. the last mot has it down as 90k miles as they don't always pay that much attnetion.. My land rover is in KM's but on the MOT they put it down in miles an all