remap licence ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2007, 08:32 PM
sti-chris
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default remap licence ?

Good evening folks. *03 STI*

The time has come for some exhaust mods a new fuel pump, replacement pannel filter and a remap.

I am planning on haveing a local tunning garage fit a full de-cat , a new walbro pump and a pannel filter , then have the car booked in with Andy F for a remap.

I would arrainge it in such a way so that the mechanical work is done one day and a remap the next.

This is where i need some advice, My local tunning garage have told me that they can now map subaru's and that they can save me money on a remap.

I was quited £350 for a remap on 4x4 rollers. i asked them why it was so cheep and that i was led to beleve that £300 is the cost of a licence to map my existing ecu ! , Then the cost of the map over and above.

I was told that they do a live open map ? and that a licence is not required, Can anyone tell me what they could be on about ?

I think to be honest i have made it up in my mind that i will still have Andy F map the car , but i just wonder how a garage can map it without a licence for the ecu.

all the best for the feastive season.
Old 23 December 2007, 09:55 PM
Skooby53
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No question in my mind, stick with Andy F and you will not regret it! You only need to look a the threads that recommend him and you will know you made the right choice. Good luck and Merry Christmas
Old 23 December 2007, 11:05 PM
scoobyjay7
Scooby Regular

Go with Andy f for your re map, not sure if you need a fuel pump unless you are going over 300/350 bhp.
You only need to up grade your pump if you are going over 350+
Old 23 December 2007, 11:12 PM
linky
Scooby Regular

Defo go with Andy Forrest.........
He mapped my car '04Sti and running 380bhp. He is a very professional, interesting man and he only does scoobs.
He will give you the right advice on what mods to go for.

My advice to you if your wanting the most out of your car is ditch the panel filter and buy an APS 70mm cold air induction kit, 3" cat back, walbro pump and boost controller.
Garentee you'll not be dissapointed. If all is well you should see aboput 320-340 Bhp and a much nicer power delivery than standard.If you want more you'll need to look at changing your standard turbo for something more efficient.

I would phone him/mail him before fitted any mods to see what he advises you, that way you will not waste your money.

Where do you stay and maybe i can take you a run in mine and let you see what you think?

PM me if any more questions m8
Old 27 December 2007, 09:54 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your car has not been ecuteked (and subsequently locked) anyone with the right cables, experience and software could map it. It doesnt have to be ecutek software that is used to map it.

Having said that I would not let them 'dabble' on mine if I were you - give Andy F the job for sure.