Notices

sorry to ask this, but oil change.....

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2007, 08:12 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry to ask this, but oil change.....

is it easy to get to the bolts holding on the under tray? and is the filter and sump plug easily accessable?

bit of info, i don't have a ramp or pit so the best i can do is stick the nose of the car over my drive. there's enough of a drop to get under the car but obviously can't get any further than the front wheels.

really want to do give this a go at doing it myself as it's hardly a difficult job, but can't think of any other way of getting under the bloody thing!

any tips guys?
Old 15 September 2007, 08:33 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoskib
is it easy to get to the bolts holding on the under tray? and is the filter and sump plug easily accessable?

bit of info, i don't have a ramp or pit so the best i can do is stick the nose of the car over my drive. there's enough of a drop to get under the car but obviously can't get any further than the front wheels.

really want to do give this a go at doing it myself as it's hardly a difficult job, but can't think of any other way of getting under the bloody thing!

any tips guys?
all fairly straight forward the plastic tray has a few 12mm bolts and some plastic clips,sump plug and filter are easy to get at.
i had same problem as you when i did mine no ramp/pit just jacked it up on n/s/f to get a bit more room.
make sure you pre fill the oil filter with fresh oil before refitting