Notices

Hellooo im a newb and need help

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2007, 08:29 PM
cap_p
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellooo im a newb and need help

Hi all ive recently bought my 3rd subaru ( an import WRX Limited edition Gravel Express) i only had it one day and the alternator died, causing all kinds of problems on the motorway in the pouring rain. Right alternator sorted now there is a "Check engine" light that keeps coming on. when i start it up its not there after driving a short while (30-100 yards) the light comes on and flashes, Does anyone know how to figure the engine codes out, i have the hand books but unfortunatly its all in japanese.
Also there is a black plug under my stearing colum, if i plug it in and drive my turbo only boosts half way, if i unplug it the car will boost to 1.0psi, i havent a clue what it is , there is also a blue plug similar to it but a little bigger and this was unplugged when i got the car does any one know what these are?

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to read this, hope some one can help.... there seems to be a lot of experts on here so i'm optomistic.
Old 27 June 2007, 08:36 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Is the light flashing at a constant rate? the two sets of plugs under the dash (black and green usually) should be UNPLUGED. if there plugged together it will either be in reset mode or diagnostic mode.
Old 27 June 2007, 08:58 PM
cap_p
Scooby Newbie

Default thanks

thanks for the reply, ive just been reading some other posts and figured what the black wires for but when i plug it in and turn on the ignition the engine check light stays on and doesnt flash any sequences. Also my fans have just started coming on when the cars cold and the ignition is just turned to ON. Coolant sensor?? The car still starts first time on the dot...The check engine light the battery l;ight, oil light and the one next to the oiol light all stay on untill i turn over the engine then they go off. it does not flash untill i drive. i have found the green plug that is plugged in is that right??

Last edited by cap_p; 27 June 2007 at 09:03 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
Old 27 June 2007, 09:10 PM
cap_p
Scooby Newbie

Default hmm

Think ive solved it i unplugged the green and the fans dont come on, i plugged in the black and the check engine light flashes on and off on a constant flash. the blue one ive fleft plugged in.... is this right?
Old 27 June 2007, 09:21 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

yep a constant flash is a clear signal and when the greens were conected its in test mode hence the fans working. So leave the black and green disconnected. The blue one i havent a clue