Notices

Tech help on boost press solenoid.

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2007, 12:05 PM
boustie.sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech help on boost press solenoid.

Hi I am lookin at a friends car 02MY WRX. When accelerating the boost drops off. 4th / 5th gears are more noticable.

Done self test using the green wires under the dash and found the boost pressure solenoid not ticking. Tried his sensor on my car and it ticks away fine I then tried mine on his but still nothing.

Checked wiring diagrams and the sensor has two wires, one constant 12v and one pulse from the ECU. 12v constant is fine but the pulse from the ECU seems to be very low. I ran a wire direct from the ECU to the sensor but still nothing.

Can any one advise on where I go from here, or if someone has had a similar fault.

Any technical help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 28 May 2007, 12:29 PM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boustie.sti
Hi I am lookin at a friends car 02MY WRX. When accelerating the boost drops off. 4th / 5th gears are more noticable.

Done self test using the green wires under the dash and found the boost pressure solenoid not ticking. Tried his sensor on my car and it ticks away fine I then tried mine on his but still nothing.

Checked wiring diagrams and the sensor has two wires, one constant 12v and one pulse from the ECU. 12v constant is fine but the pulse from the ECU seems to be very low. I ran a wire direct from the ECU to the sensor but still nothing.

Can any one advise on where I go from here, or if someone has had a similar fault.

Any technical help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

They don't tick on a Bugeye when in test mode.
Give it a good clean with some cleaning fluid, blow out and take car for a run. You might have to do it a few times.

Mark
Old 28 May 2007, 06:05 PM
boustie.sti
Scooby Regular

Thanks for reply
I tried his bug eye solenoid on a slightly later sti and his ticks on the sti.