Notices

Vibration / rumbling noise

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2007, 05:54 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibration / rumbling noise

Hey guys, happy new year to everyone first of all!

And now for the annoying question that none of you are gonna be able to answer cuz you'll probably need to see the car for urself like! I'd be interested to know ur thoughts on the problem tho all I gotta do now is try and explain it!....

Okay, I got the car (UK MY00 Turbo AWD) about a month ago so I'm pretty new to scoobies. I had a problem with road noise and changing my tyres has now sorted that.....but now I get a different noise. It is very similar to the tyre noise I was getting before, it's kinda like a 'rumble' yknow? It mostly happens when I'm goin along about 60ish in 5th and I put my foot down a little bit.....and as soon as the car starts to boost it kinda rumbles then. Like a vibration almost, it's hard to describe. It goes then once the car keeps on accelerating like. The car has only done 42k miles, and the clutch hasn't been changed at all. I read somewhere that they only last about 45k miles so maybe it's that somehow? Another thing I noticed tho (this might be related I spoze).....is that when I'm parked still and I rev the car, on the way up the revs it seems fine, but on the way down there is a rattle/buzz coming from just underneath the driver's door it seems, at about 2,000 - 2,500rpm-ish? It definitely sounds like the exhaust. I tried doing a search for heatshield problems on here but couldn't really find anyone with a similar problem to me. Is there a heat shield underneath the car about level with the drivers door? Or are they all up on the manifolds etc? Something roundabout there is buzzing definitely, and it seems to be getting worse lately, so I'm assuming it's something cracked maybe and the crack is getting bigger.

Anyway, cheers guys. Sorry for such a long message!! I do tend to ramble on a bit lol