Leaking Sunroof on Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2006, 01:11 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Sunroof on Wagon

Hi guys

I've got the dreaded leak from my sunroof, which has only appeared now that I have off street parking, but which is on an approx 30 degree slope. It leaks at the front if reversed in, and onto the rear seat when parked nose in. Can't win!

Mine is a MY98 Wagon with the glass tilt and slide sunroof with the sliding sun cover. This makes it very difficult to get my big head high enough to see the rear at all - even when tilted up or retracted back.

I going to pull the headling etc out next weekend and have a good look and try to clear all the drain holes - but my question is - how many are there? I can see the 2 at the front, but can't see anything at the rear (visibility is blocked by the mechanism and other bits and pieces - and thre big head issue) . Are there another 2, and if so where would they be located.

Also, what is the best metod for cleaning the drain holes, as I do not have access to compressed air - I read that the wire that holds net curtains up can be used - but will this damage the internals of the drain pipe?

Lastly, is it simply that the drive is too steep for the drain holes, and even if clear they might not catch the water? It never leaked when I parked outside my old house on a much lesser slope. Will be a shame as its quite nice having the car off the road.

Cheers for any advice.

Russ