Notices

Re-map advise please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2006, 08:10 PM
Useless
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-map advise please!!

I'm picking up a second hand Tek3 ecu tomorrow which has been mapped for de-cat downpipe, sports cat centre, aftermarket back box and K&N panel filter.

My mods are de-cat centre, aftermarket back box, K&N panel filter and manual boost controller set to 15 psi.

I'll be having the car re-mapped again but have a few questions first:-

1. Will I have to remove the manual boost controller? The original pipe work has a small restrictor in it that regulates the boost pressure.

2. If I bought and fitted a de-cat downpipe would I then have to have the ecu re-mapped?

3. Where is the best place to have the car re-mapped? Can Triton do it or any other local companies?

Just after a bit of information really. I seem to have managed to bin the original pipework that I replaced the MBC with and Subaru want £30 for the parts. I'm after a picture of the rubber pipework the sits just above the turbo on an MY99/00 car.

Sorry for the long post but any help/opinions would be great.

Ben
Old 02 November 2006, 09:49 PM
best_quality03
Scooby Regular

Hi Ben
I would turn your MBC down to standard boost setting untill remap just to be safe
Yes you will need to remap after removing you turbo cat

You should be ok with everything else but a remap is worth its weight in gold (which isn't much but you get the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) just to be sure engine rebuilds arn't cheap

All the best
Old 02 November 2006, 10:07 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Manual boost gauges can be used at the same time as remaps. A remap just sets target boost - how that is actually achieved is neither here nor there. I used to run a dawes with a tek2.5 and it was set at 1.2bar. The car was mapped up to 1.4bar but it couldn't be run like that!!