Intercooler Spray

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2006, 09:52 PM
Harvez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler Spray

Wouder if any one can help . . . .

Got giving a intercooler spray controller today so decided to mate myself a kit . . .

Went to a friends scrap yard and found a Legacy lieing around, i took the water bottle out off it, which had 3 water pumps attached. Orginally one was for the rear, one the front, and the third was for the light washers .

Result, moved the FMIC pipes a little bit and the new water tanks fits in mine lovley. Wired the bigger pump up to the front washers and everything worked fine. Then wired the remianing two pipes, each to a halfrads chav special window washer jets - which I postioned in the bumper in front of the FMIC - and works lovley !! The controller is all set up, and the jets spray on command, happy days!!!!

The only thing is now, for some reason after the timer on the controller has stopped spraying, the jets dont shut the water off, the pump stops pushin the water out - but water just dribbles out.

Is there anything i can do to stop the water dribbling out off the jets after the pumps have stopped ?

Thanks for any help and sorry for any bad english
Old 02 November 2006, 10:24 PM
ferretboy75
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the jets lower than the head of water in the tank, im guessing yes. You can either reduce the hight of the max water level (tank) below the jets or get some kind of spring loaded jets to hold the water until pressure is applied from the pumps.