Advice on next mods !!

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2006, 08:50 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on next mods !!

Guys,

I have a 95 WRX with powerstation 2.2 engine (forged internals) running standard TD05 Turbo, it's running 1.4 bar circa 320 Hp if I run the boost any higher the Knockling gets a bit animated ! What can i do to stop the effects of knock ? Would a front mount intercooler be the next step and perhaps bigger turbo ?
James
Old 26 September 2006, 08:58 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mappable ecu and a remap would be ideal.. is it running standard injectors?

Simon
Old 26 September 2006, 09:28 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
mappable ecu and a remap would be ideal.. is it running standard injectors?

Simon
Simon not sure about the injectors, it has got an uprated fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, it has also got a "scoobyecu" which was mapped previously but I dont know to what boost level, it has the Blitz digital controller on it, I have run 1.45 Bar without the Knocklink having a fit but sometimes im running less boost and it still has a bit of a fit ! Its run on optimax, is it best to reset the ECU after having the knockling throwing a wobbly ? Whats the best way to reduce the Knocking/turn fuel pressure up ?Is it the inlet temp or something else ?

James
Old 26 September 2006, 09:35 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Simon sorry forgot to ask is there any way to have a facility to switch between map's, I use the car for work and run around in it on 1 bar most of the time, just turn it up when it's hungry for an M3 snack !
Old 27 September 2006, 09:23 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is detting and throwing a fit as you sound like you are running a 2.2 on a 2litre map and running exessive boost.. if you do have the standard injectors then they are well maxxed out on a 2.2 at 1.45bar..
Are you running that on the standard tmic? you are asking for trouble..

You can switch between the scoobyecu and the standard map on a switch but you would gain nothing.. you are better running lower boost for driving sensibly.

Upping the fuel pressure will just make the car run rich. . everywhere.. yes you can reduce det by increasing the fuelling but it is making it rich everywhere that is not a problem. You will use more fuel, wash the bores of oil etc etc..

Sounds like you need to take stock and get it sorted properly before you need antoher rebuild..

To run more boost (which may not necessarily be the way to get more power with that turbo and engine) you would need injectors and a remap (Apexi PowerFC for example) at a minimum.

Simon