Notices

Anybody fitted this FMIC

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2006, 10:42 AM
cashrolling
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody fitted this FMIC

I just got this for my sti 02, anyone fit it yet?Will I have a lots of problems fitting it?
Old 26 September 2006, 10:53 AM
cashrolling
Scooby Regular

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 26 September 2006, 10:58 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

fitting front mount isn't as easy as you think, you have to cut wholes in wings, bumper etc (depending on what model) plus ebay kits are a risk, might not be correct pipework so you'll end up paying for modifying it or new piping, norm easier just to go to a place and have a proper one fitted.

try www.scoobyclinic.com
Old 26 September 2006, 11:08 AM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
fitting front mount isn't as easy as you think, you have to cut wholes in wings, bumper etc (depending on what model) plus ebay kits are a risk, might not be correct pipework so you'll end up paying for modifying it or new piping, norm easier just to go to a place and have a proper one fitted.

try www.scoobyclinic.com
I got one from Flat4 for my Classic pre 96 and fitted it in a day. Works perfectly and I didn't have to pay for fitting which is at least £300+VAT at Scoobyclinic when I last checked. As long as you take your time and think before you cut anything, either on the IC pipework or the car you will be fine as long as the kit you buy is of a decent quality to start with.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:14 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by gatecrasher3
I got one from Flat4 for my Classic pre 96 and fitted it in a day. Works perfectly and I didn't have to pay for fitting which is at least £300+VAT at Scoobyclinic when I last checked. As long as you take your time and think before you cut anything, either on the IC pipework or the car you will be fine as long as the kit you buy is of a decent quality to start with.
yeah yeah mate not saying you can't do it yourself, just think its one of the things you need to consider, is it worth risking. if you good with cars then go ahead.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:20 AM
cashrolling
Scooby Regular

The only way to find out is to try, so I will go ahead and take my time in doing it, will take pics in the progress, chek in the next few days.......
Old 26 September 2006, 12:35 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Piece of **** mate, that kit fits together perfectly, you need to trim the front bumper and thats about it took me 2-3 hours to do it all

You need a short ram induction kit, TurboXS BOV or flange adapter and i think a 2.5-2.75" reducer
Old 26 September 2006, 03:13 PM
cashrolling
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alloy
Piece of **** mate, that kit fits together perfectly, you need to trim the front bumper and thats about it took me 2-3 hours to do it all

You need a short ram induction kit, TurboXS BOV or flange adapter and i think a 2.5-2.75" reducer
I hope so, do you have any pics to show me? it would help me with the installation.....
Old 27 September 2006, 03:10 PM
cashrolling
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cashrolling
The only way to find out is to try, so I will go ahead and take my time in doing it, will take pics in the progress, chek in the next few days.......

We started last night and find out a lots of things.First of all it is an exact copy of the turbo xs fmic.But this kit didn't have the steel piece to install onto and bolt on behind the bumper, so we have to cut a whole lot of metal and fit it custom( tonight will take pics). then the silicon hoes dont mach all the pipes, today I bought 4 reductions which costed around 120 EUR..From tonight we start the real work and tomorrow will post pics....