Notices

Quiafe ATB on MY06

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2006, 05:47 PM
white
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quiafe ATB on MY06

Does anybody know if it would be worth replacing the Helical front LSD on an MY06 STI with a Quiafe ATB item. I may have the chance to get one at a discounted price but if it's not worth then I won't bother.
Old 18 April 2006, 05:52 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Im not up to speed technically with the differences between LSDs, but I would of thought there wouldnt be a great deal in it. Different matter for those who have a open front diff to change to Quaiffe ATB
Old 18 April 2006, 05:56 PM
white
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
Im not up to speed technically with the differences between LSDs, but I would of thought there wouldnt be a great deal in it. Different matter for those who have a open front diff to change to Quaiffe ATB
That's what I was thinking TBH mate. Would I actually notice the difference between the standard LSD and the STB diff. Probably better off putting the money elsewhere.
Old 18 April 2006, 06:13 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what i have read the front LSD on the MY06 cars is a helical gear type LSD exactly like the Quaife ATB, so probably nothing in it at all. However i dont know which types this LSD has been fitted to so its probably worth finding out if all the MY06 STi cars have the same type of front LSD.
Old 18 April 2006, 06:32 PM
white
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Danny Boy
From what i have read the front LSD on the MY06 cars is a helical gear type LSD exactly like the Quaife ATB, so probably nothing in it at all. However i dont know which types this LSD has been fitted to so its probably worth finding out if all the MY06 STi cars have the same type of front LSD.
From what I've read on the net regarding MY06 spec they have a Helical Front LSD and a Torsen Rear LSD.
Old 26 April 2006, 08:08 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Helical front - Plated rear AFAIK!
Read this:
"Used on certain exclusive STi models (and is now replacing the Suretrac unit for the Spec C in Japan). This factory helical front LSD features torque sensitive operation in a progressive and quiet manner. Ideal for road and track use in moderate power applications. Just as effective as the Quaife ATB at less cost."
JIM