DV26 Bailey Dump Valve

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2006, 09:35 AM
staffychance
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DV26 Bailey Dump Valve

I have a 97 UK Turbo.

I just bought a Dump Valve without the fitting kit off ebay, i have seen the fitting kits for sale, but there is nothing to them, a short piece of pipe and a few jubliee clips.

Does anyone know exactly what the kit consists of?

I work for a hydraulic engineering company and have hose all over so that aint a problem, what size does it need to be, and how hard is it to get a few jubilee clips.
Old 22 March 2006, 10:35 AM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

I don't know the answer but will be interested to see any replies, as I am in the same boat got the Dv but no fitting kit, U have been told should only really need some sort of blanking plug to be able to fit it
Old 22 March 2006, 12:24 PM
staffychance
Scooby Regular

The fitting kits are about £35 mate, i have details on where to get one if you want, but i dont see the point, will have a look tonight and work out what is needed.

I believe the dump Valve is mounted on an intake pipe (near the intercooler), If air gets sucked into the pipe that needs bunging it misses the filter and is dirty air entering your engine and we dont want that, that all the bung is to do stop that.

The bung is just, something / anything to block the pipe it it stops crap from getting in, just like a big bolt thats a real tight fit onto the hose as you dont want it sliding into the pipe, maybe secure the bolt with some silcone, but if you use a bolt the head will stop it sliping into the pipe, if its gunna go any where its gonna come out.

And the rest should be simple, will let you know tonight after i have had a look.

Last edited by staffychance; 22 March 2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 22 March 2006, 01:14 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

would you buy a car that had an old bolt blocking off a pipe. Get a proper bung and a jubilee clip u tight **** lol. Failing that I'm sure you could find a nice plumbing part down at B&Q
Old 22 March 2006, 03:00 PM
staffychance
Scooby Regular

what......

Was just trying to give him an idea of what he wants, so i doesnt think he needs a special bung from a fitting kit, I work for a hydraulic company and will be using a hydraulic fitting made for the job.
Old 22 March 2006, 03:03 PM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

And I might add I will not be using something cheap, just cannot see the point in buying the whole kit if i can get the bung seperately as i think bailey sell spares as well.
Old 22 March 2006, 07:29 PM
GazJenno
Scooby Regular

i was in the same boat and thought it could be done on the cheap!

the bung needed is 19mm i think, which was easy enought to buy on its own cost about £2.50 with clip made by LMA.

then bought a piece of pipe again 19mm which is where the problem came up!
the OE dump valve is 19mm and the baileys is 25mm iirc. i asked at demon tweeks if they had a 19-25mm pip but they didnt make one, in the end i had to take the bung and the pipe back and buy the kit because it has a special peice init that is only made for the fitting kits apparently! its a 19mm metal pipe welded to a 25mm metal pipe with a angle of about 65 degrees, you then connect the 19mm end to the OE pipe and use a clip to hold tight and then use the peice of 25mm pipe that comes with the kit on the 25mm metal end and then put the dump valve in the other end.

the reason for the angles pipe is because if it were straight the dump valve would hit the turbo as its quite large.

basically if you can weld the metal pipes together at the right angle and get a bung, find the pipe then your sorted.....buy the kit, looks good too!

hope that helps,
GAZ
Old 22 March 2006, 09:52 PM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that, I think I'll be getting the fitting kit then.